Chapter 6: Cafes and Reunion

*Roman POV*

Another bad day at work. I hate being ignored or treated like I'm just an incompetent child. I mean, I am 19, but that doesn't mean I don't know what I'm doing!

I enter the apartment and flop down on the couch again. I'm tired and sick of everything. I feel like Virgil.

"Another bad day?" Patton asks.

At least Patton is trying to be supportive. I honestly don't know what I'd do without him.

"Yeah," I say.

"Well, I know something that might cheer you up!" Patton says.

Is it something that will fix my job? I love acting, but not like this.

"What?" I ask.

"We are going downtown to a nice cafe!" Patton says.

"When?" I ask.

"How does tomorrow morning sound? We can get breakfast and you have off tomorrow morning and afternoon, so we can spend the day together!" Patton says.

It sounds like a date. I'm in.

"Sure," I say.

---

The next morning Patton wakes me up bright and early. He was bright, and it was early. 

"C'mon, Ro! I want to get there in a half-hour, and its a pretty long walk," Patton says.

I get up, do my hair, and get dressed in a simple outfit. White jacket, because it's still January, a red shirt with a little crown symbol, and my Converse. Patton's wearing his usual light blue polo and cat hoodie, this time actually wearing it, instead of putting it around his shoulders.

We start our walk to the cafe. It's a little chilly out, but I don't mind. Patton has warm hands that keep mine from getting cold.

We walk in and take a seat. A few minutes go by as we look at the menu. Patton keeps glancing at the door as if he's expecting someone. Patton goes up to order for us. We're both getting coffee, and he's also getting a croissant. I told him to surprise me with whatever looked good up there. 

When he comes back he hands me my coffee, saying,

"For someone I like a latte!"

"Patton, this is a coffee. Not a latte," I say, "But I love you too,"

Patton then tears into his croissant.

"Oh!" He says, stopping for a minute, "There's two people I think you should see. Turn around!"

I do, and I see two people. One with glasses, slicked-back hair, and a tie, and the other with long purple bangs and a baggy sweatshirt. Logan and Virgil!

*Virgil POV*

Now that Logan and I are in London together, we're probably going to spend a lot of time here. Logan, however, does have places to go and see as part of his program, and I don't like going places. There's a reason I chose mostly online classes for college.

"Virgil, you should spend some time outside. You are a lot paler than when I last saw you," Logan says.

We're both sitting in his room, because why not?

"But it's cloudy out so it won't matter," I say.

"You should still go outside," Logan says.

"When did you become my mom?" I ask.

Pressuring me to go outside, to eat way healthier, to do that sort of stuff is exactly what my mom does for me. But I'm fine. I'm not that pale and I eat fine.