Chapter 33: Let it go

TW: Pat trouble and Let it Go

*May POV*

So I've been messing with Logan's stuff lately, but Amy says that's not enough. She wants me to cause more emotional distress. She's so adorably needy for revenge. I'm only complying because she did have to repeat a grade and get hit by a bus and a car. And she's my baby cousin, so I'm protective of her.

I can't help but wonder if I've crossed a line, though. Oh well, emotional distress isn't that bad. It could be worse.

I decide I'm going to walk my dog, Bud, and think of a plan while a do so.

As I'm walking outside, I pass someone.

"Oooh! What a cute dog!" they say.

I turn around and see the emo and nerd boy's friend. Patton, I think his name is.

"You can pet him if you'd like," I say, "But be careful, he's a little sick,"

No, he's not. But this is an opportunity.

The boy crouches down and pets Bud, who loves him.

"Sick?" he asks.

"Yeah, he's hasn't been acting or looking too well. I thought a walk might help," I say.

"Oh. Maybe," he agrees.

He looks up at me.

"Do I know you? I feel like I do from somewhere," he says.

This is just too perfect.

"Well, judging by your accent I'd say you're from the United States. I grew up there too. Wisconsin," I say.

"Oh! Me too!" he says.

"Maybe I know you from middle school? Your name's Patton, right?" I ask.

He nods.

"And you are...?"

"Anna," I blurt out.

Hopefully, I didn't just ruin my chances.

"Oh! I know you! Good to see you again!" Patton says.

That was extremely lucky. Thank god.

"Well, if you want I could look at your dog. I'm studying to be a veterinarian," Patton says.

"Sure! I live a little while away, we can catch up," I say.

It's a good thing I actually listen to Amy's rants from over the years. And remember it. I know all about her middle school drama.

*Patton POV*

Anna and I walk back to her house. I met her in my 8th-grade math class. I was a grade ahead in math, so she's a year older. She was really sweet and funny, and the only person who laughed at my puns. She did move away after 8th grade, but I thought it was to Texas, not London. Maybe she moved again.

"So when'd you move here?" I ask.

"At around my Sophomore year, I think," she says.

"Cool! What was Texas like?" I ask.

"Texas?" she asks.

I look at her.

"Oh! Right! I didn't stay there very long, but it was pretty good, I guess," she says.

"Ah. Well, I'm here on an abroad program, but my college is in the Midwest still," I say.

Anna nods.

"Cool. Do you still hang out with that Disney boy? Randy?" she asks.

I laugh a little.

"Roman," I correct, "And yeah, we're dating now!"