Chapter 38: Apology

*Logan POV*

Virgil goes down the stairs, his steps light and quick. Once they fade, I turn to May.

"What the hell was that about? You have no right-"

"I have every right. I own this building, I can ban him if I want to," she says.

No, she can't. 

"You're a horrible person, you know that?" I ask, "Way worse than that blonde freak,"

That gets her attention.

"Who are you talking about?" she asks.

"Just some girl I went to high school with. She was obsessed with me, lied about everything, and got hit by a car and two busses out of her own stupidity," I say.

May glares at me before slamming my door in my face. I think this just proved Virgil's theory. I think I know what I'm going to do now, with all the evidence I've gotten. Her being that rude to Virgil is my final straw.

*Patton POV*

It's been several hours. It's nighttime now, and the moon has risen. I wipe the tears from my eyes, hoping they aren't too red. My eyes, not my tears.

I get on a bus and go back to the apartment. Only because it's late and I need to make sure Virgil gets home safe.

As I enter the apartment, I look around. Roman isn't in the main room, so he's in his bedroom. Good, I don't want to deal with him right now.

"Hey, Pat," Virgil says.

"Hi, kiddo! How was Logan's?" I ask.

He shrugs.

"Fine. I kinda forgot I'm not allowed there so I got kicked out," he says.

"Aw, that's awful!" I say.

"Eh. What's more awful is her being stuck with my angry boyfriend. That's not fun. Speaking of which, how are you and Roman?" he asks.

"Fine. I took a walk and cooled off," I say.

Well, less cooled off and more cried my eyes out. I still can't believe that's what Roman thinks of me.

"NotsureifIbelievethat but ok!" Virgil says.

"What was that?" I ask.

I didn't catch the first part of what he said.

"Doesn't matter. Goodnight," Virgil says.

"Alright. Goodnight, kiddo," I say, going to my room.

---

In the morning, I wake up and go to make breakfast. Virgil and Roman are also up, and I say good morning to Virgil.

"Morning, kiddo!" I say.

"Morning, Pat," Virgil says.

"Good morning," Roman says.

"Hi," I say dryly.

He furrows his eyebrows.

"Pat, look, I'm-"

"I don't want to hear it," I say.

"Pa-"

"I don't want to hear it! You have work in 10 minutes, you should have left already," I snap.

"You're right. But you can't avoid talking forever," Roman says.

I glare at him as he leaves.

"I think," Virgil says, "That that is the first time I've seen you so mad,"