Chapter 17: Concerned friends

*Patton POV*

Virgil never really goes outside anymore. I'm getting even more worried about him. I think his fight with Logan hurt him more than he says it does. The two of them have to make up, or at least get on better terms if Virgil's state is going to improve. But I don't see any real way to do that.

"Virge? I made lunch," I say.

"I'm not hungry," He says, turning away from me.

He goes back to his computer, where he seems to endlessly be doing schoolwork. I'm in college too, but the amount he's doing is unreasonable. I don't think he's actually just doing work. 

"You have to eat at some point," I say.

"I ate last night," Virgil says, "And I had some toast this morning,"

I sigh.

"Have it your way," I say, "But you're having dinner," 

He groans but doesn't object. 

"Do you want to go do something later?" I ask.

There's a lot to do here, and we might as well do stuff while we have the chance. Who knows when we'll be back here?

"No," Virgil says, "I'm sure Roman does, though,"

"I'm sure he does, but he's also seeing the sun for more than a half-hour a day," I say.

Virgil shrugs.

"So? I'm perfectly healthy the way I am," He says.

He's paler than before and skinnier. So no, I don't think he's 'perfectly healthy'. 

"Kiddo, you will go outside and get sun and exercise if I have to drag you out there. I did before and I will again," I say.

Virgil should know better than to mess with me while I'm in 'dad mode'. 

"You're not my dad, Patton," Virgil says.

"I might not be, that won't stop me from being one," I say.

I grab Virgil by the sweatshirt and pull him up and off the couch. I grab his hand and pull him out of the apartment. Instead of protests, he just drags along. He's really light, so it doesn't take me much effort to pull him.

I end up getting him to slightly cooperate, and we take a walk around the city. I don't really know where to go to see anything and Virgil is being salty, so we don't walk for very long. Still, we walked and Virgil got exercise. That's what's important. Now the problem is getting him to do it more frequently or on his own. I can't be his dad for the entire trip.

*Logan POV*

It's a little past 11 PM, and I'm reading at my desk, with the lights on. I put it down when I hear a knock at the door.

"Hello?" I ask, opening it.

It's May.

"It's lights out at 11," She says.

"Oh, I see," I say, flicking off my lights.

At least the dark hides my scowl. I grab my book, which I had flipped over, and put in a bookmark. I then change into my pajamas and go to bed. I'm fairly annoyed she made me stop reading.

---

It's nighttime again, and now I'm actually trying to sleep. But I can't, because someone outside my room is making a lot of noise. They're playing loud music. 

This is the third time they've done this, and all three times I've asked May if she can get whoever is doing it to stop. She says since I'm the only one complaining, she'll look into it. But there's no guarantee. I'm almost certain what she means is she doesn't care and wants me to just deal with it.

It's getting annoying now, as I can't sleep until at least 1 AM, completely messing up my sleep schedule.

In the morning, after I finally get some sleep, I go downstairs to the main room. I have to get some food, I'm running low.

"Hey buddy," A guy says, grabbing the collar of my shirt and yanking me back, "Would you mind keeping it down tomorrow night? I hate it when assholes like you mess up everyone's sleep for some stupid music,"

I look him in the eye. We're about the same height.

"It wasn't me," I say, keeping a neutral yet angry expression on my face.

"Heh," The guy says, "Sure it wasn't. I'm sure it was the ghost of your room then,"

He laughs and yanks me by my tie.

"Do it again and you'll be sorry," He growls, shoving me away.

Asshole. I wonder who's been blaming me for doing this, or if the guy was just so sleep-deprived he decided to take it out on a random person. Either option is likely, but I hope the second option is true.

*Roman POV*

Even though Patton and I made up, I'm still spending a lot of time outside of work with Logan. He's upset and needs a friend, but I'm mostly just trying to avoid Virgil. But I do spend some more time with Patton, as I still love him.

I knock on Logan's door.

"Hm? Oh, hey Ro," He mumbles, letting me in.

He looks exhausted and flops down on his bed once I'm inside.

"You good, Lo?" I ask.

"Yes, I am adequate," He says.

He didn't correct my grammar, so he is definitely not fine.

"How much are you sleeping?" I ask, noticing the bags under his eyes.

He shrugs.

"Enough," He says.

"I can tell you're lying," I say, "Why've you been losing sleep?"

"It's not because of him if that's what you're thinking," Logan says.

It was.

"Then what is it because of?" I ask.

"Some jerks won't stop playing music all night, so I can't sleep, and everyone in the building blames me," Logan says.

"But it's not you, so how are they blaming you? You have bags under your eyes to prove you're not the one," I say.

"Yes, but these people aren't the most observant," Logan says.

"I see," I say, "Well, take a nap now, I'll make sure nothing disturbs you,"

He rolls over and smiles a bit.

"Thanks, Roman," He says.

He falls asleep within a few minutes, based on his soft snoring.

After a while, I hear him mumble something. I look up, thinking he might be awake. He's not. I listen closer.

"Virgil, I miss you," He murmurs.

How sweet. But sad, considering what Virgil's done to him. I get up and leave, as it's getting late and Patton's probably starting to worry.

I think this story is just always going to be updated later in the day. Sorry about that. I hope you enjoyed reading, feel free to leave any thoughts or feedback in the comments, and have a fabulous day/night you magnificent peep!