4. 𝓕𝓲𝓻𝓼𝓽 𝓖𝓪𝓶𝓮

Chapter Four: First Game

An almost five hour flight from Los Angeles to Miami. I have been hiding in my hotel for two days, not to mention I had to turn off my location services so that Tyler wouldn't find out that I'm here. Otherwise he's going to see that I'm here. I have courtside seats to the first game of the regular season

I get up out of the bed and get ready for the game. It is 2:30 and I am heading to the arena an hour before the game starts. I grab my bathroom essentials and proceed to get ready. After twenty minutes I get out of the shower and do my routine. I  put on my Miami Vice Herro jersey, a pair of white jean shorts, and a pair of white sandals. I walk in the bathroom and part my hair to the right side.

"It's going to be a long ass night," I say to myself in the mirror.

****

I arrive at American Airlines Arena, at 4:30 I find my way to my seats, Tyler is in the layup line and his back is toward me. Coach Spoe is talking to his coaching staff. I watch Tyler going through the layup line. I was sitting the closest I could to the Miami bench.

"Hey Thunder Thighs," I yell for Tyler to recognize that I'm here. It's a nickname I call Tyler because he has no thigh muscles for a guy.

"Small Fry," Tyler yells back. Those nicknames have always been inside jokes between us. He and my dad have always made fun of me for being short even though 5'5 isn't that short. I run toward him and jump into his arms wrapping my arms around his neck.

"I thought you told me you had to do more press for the album considering you are a contender for the Grammys," Tyler says to me.

"You really think that I was going to miss your first game of the season," I tell him.

"Let me introduce you to the guys," Tyler said, grabbing my hand and basically dragging me by my hand.

"T, who's the hot blonde?" A guy about 6'9 asks Tyler.

"This is my best friend Hunter Jameson," Tyler introduces me

"Bam Adebayo," He introduces himself.

"Nice to meet you," I shake his hand.

"What did you say Jameson?" Bam asks me.

"Yeah," I answer.

"Holy shit, you're Fred Jameson's daughter," Bam says in complete shock.

"Well I am also a singer ," I say to him.

"Oh, you did a collaboration with DaBaby," Bam said to me.

"Damn, Ty your girlfriend fine as hell," A guy about an inch taller than Tyler.

"She's not my girlfriend," Tyler says to him.

"Hunter Jameson," I introduce myself.

"Derrick Jones," He introduces himself.

"Nice to meet you."

****

The game was over. Miami beat the Memphis Grizzlies, 120 to 101. Tyler got to start. He scored fourteen points in the game. Tyler approaches me after doing some on court interviews.

"Hey munchkin," He said, pulling me into a hug.

"Don't hug me, you are sweaty," I said trying to escape the hug.

"I don't care," He said holding me against my will.

"Fine asshole,"I say into his chest.

"Want to go out to dinner after the game?" He asks me.