9. 𝓢𝓴𝓲𝓹 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓢𝓱𝓪𝓷𝓷𝓸𝓷

Chapter Nine: Skip and Shannon

"Singer and daughter of NBA legend Fred Kennedy, Hunter Jameson joins the show," Jenny says.

"I do have one question for you before we start talking about the Cowboys," Skip says to me.

"Go ahead."

"Did you ever feel that you had a lot of pressure on you to play basketball growing up because of your father?" Skip asks me.

"Yeah, I did. When I released my album people commented that they figured that I would have played basketball to carry my father's legacy especially because I am an only child," I explain.

"You did grow up an avid Cowboys fan despite both your father and yourself being from Wisconsin," Skip brings up.

"I did, Dad became a fan of the team in the 70's  and has been a fan ever since."

"Cowboys and Vikings face off Sunday, who's gonna win this one?" Jenny asks.

"Skip if you follow Kirk Cousins' career he would be up and down and then he'll pull a game and your like where did that come from. And we saw two of those back to back four touchdowns, no interceptions and you're like why can't he do that all the time. Well no quarterback is going to throw four touchdowns and no interceptions every single game," Shannon says going on about Kirk Cousins stats. I sit with my hands in my lap.

"But I'm expecting a monster game from Dalvin Cook and this is the way they are going to win this game because I don't believe they can just ask Cousins to throw the football for 35, 40 times and they win the ballgame. I think he needs to keep, keep the throws somewhere under 25 or less to have a great chance of winning this ballgame. They need to control the clock if Cook can run the football now they play action. I believe they're gonna be without Thielen Skip who reinjured that hamstring against Kansas City last week but I think they have enough weapons. Stefon Diggs has been unbelievable," Shannon continues.

"Put the ball in Dak's hands," Shannon says, which makes Skip get all fired up.

"Yes please put it in Dak's hands," Skip hollers from the other end of the table.

"I think Hunter can agree with us on that," Shannon says looking to me.

"I can Shannon, I agree 100%," I answer to the former tight end.

"I'm taking the Minnesota 27-24 and when I come in Monday, oh first cousin we be careful cuz-" Shannons says before Skip cuts him off which has always been fun to watch.

"Really," Skip says in disbelief.

"Yeah," Shannon quips back to the man across the table from him.

"Thank you so you know what I just heard from you. I, I head you actually with your head predicting Dallas like your head was telling it Shannon, Shannon be careful, be careful Shannon you're gonna be, no no no Shannon you heart took over at the very end and you just spilled all over the table  into Hunter's lap, and it was just wrong wrong and wronger. And you knew it when it was coming out of your mouth but you just couldn't stop," Skip went on. The two of them continue to argue it out until they stop.

"I gonna have to agree with Skip on this one not because I'm a Cowboys fan but I think that the Cowboys are going to beat the Vikings or as my dad calls them the Viqueens," I say to the two men.

"That has to be the best name I've heard for the Vikings," Shannon says laughing.

"When we come back is Lamar Jackson making an undeniable case for MVP?" Jenny says before we cut to commercial. One of the crew members brings me my crutches.

"I give you a lot of credit for still coming even though you are on crutches," Skip says to me.

"Before I moved to Miami I watched this show every morning with my dad, even now that I am in Miami I watch it every morning," I tell the two of them.

"By any chance can we get you on the show again when we are in Miami for the Super Bowl?" One of the producers asks me.

"Of course."

**A/N**

this is a filler chapter because I haven't posted in so long.