22. 𝓐𝓵𝓵 𝓢𝓽𝓪𝓻 𝓦𝓮𝓮𝓴𝓮𝓷𝓭

Chapter Twenty-Two: All Star Weekend

"Selected and unable to play due to injury, a rookie from the Miami Heat Tyler Herro," The announcer announces the team USA for the rising stars game.

Tyler hasn't been feeling okay since his injury and missing out. He suffered an ankle injury against Philadelphia almost two weeks ago. My parents and grandparents came down to support the Bucks players that are here competing. Khris is participating in the skills challenge and so is Bam. Pat is competing in the dunk contest alongside DJ.

****

Team USA beat the World team 151-131. Tyler approaches me and pulls me into a hug.

"Happy Valentine's Day babe," He says then crashes his lips onto mine and I melt into the kiss.

"You said that to me this morning," I said to my husband.

"I don't care, I love you," He says to me grabbing my hand and intertwing our fingers.

"I love you too."

"Let's go get dinner," Tyler says to me and we walk out of the United Center.

****

Tyler and I arrive at a restaurant in downtown Chicago. We are seated to a booth when I see Tyler reach for something in his pocket. Two small boxes, he puts the box to the center of the table.

"Open them," He says to me. He's smiling with the smile that I love so much. I grab both boxes and start to open them. The first box contains a beautiful necklace with two stones. There are two red stones.

"Our birthstones," Tyler says as I stare down at the necklace.

"It's beautiful baby. Thank you."

"Open the other one," He says to me. I open the second box and there is a gold snake ring with hints of black.

"A Black Mamba ring."