18. 𝓘 𝓓𝓸

Chapter Eighteen: I Do

January 30, 2020 the day I get to marry my best friend. It may be against our wills but we both knew we were going to get married eventually. We ultimately decided to keep things small and go to the courthouse. Both of our parents, his brothers  flew down as did my grandparents.

I open my eyes to see Tyler staring at me out of the corner of my eye.

"You're staring, it's kinda creepy," I comment rolling over on my left side to face him.

"No it's not besides you get to marry me today," Tyler says pecking my lips.

"Dork."

"But I'm your dork."

****

Our families, Tyler and I arrive at the courthouse. Tyler and I are finishing our paperwork. Neither one of us really believed in the whole it's bad luck to see the bride.

"Are you two sure you want to do this?" Jen asks Tyler and I, I can tell that everyone else is thinking the same thing.

"Yes," I answer grabbing Tyler's hand and intertwining our fingers.

"Applicants Jameson and Herro," The judge says opening the door. All of us walk into the room.

"Can I see some ID please?" The judge asks us. Tyler and I both show the judge ou ID's.

"Did you write your own vows?"

"Yes."

The judge starts the ceremony I look up at Tyler and stare into his eyes.

"Do you Tyler take Hunter to be your laughly wedded wife?"

"I  do."

"And do you Hunter-" He says before I cut him.

"I do, forever."

"You may kiss your bride," The judge says.

Tyler looks into my icy blue eyes and we both lean in and our lips touch his hands and find themselves on my cheeks. Our family starts to clap and we break apart. Both of us just stand there for a second and smile at each other.

"Let's go to dinner."

****

"Fred you owe me thirty bucks," Grandpa says to Dad as we sit around a table eating dinner at a restaurant in South Beach,

"Grandpa what ¿de qué demonios estás hablando?" I ask him then realizing he doesn't speak Spanish.

"English, please."

"What the hell are you talking about?" I repeat what I said in Spanish then look to Dad.

"Grandpa said that you were going to go with a courthouse wedding rather than a big wedding and I said the opposite," Dad explains before putting food in his mouth.

"Seriously," I say in disbelief.

"He forgot to mention Grandpa also won the bet on when the two of you would get together," Grandma tells the table.

****

@hunterherro:

@hunterherro: 1・30・20

@hunterherro: 13020

The day I married my best friend te amo Tyler Christopher Herro. You are my best friend, my world, my everything, and most importantly the love of my life Thank you for everything you have helped me through you. You showed what real love is suppose to feel like. Your love consumes me and I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you.

[tagged: @nolimitherro]

View comments:

@nolimitherro: i love you baby forever and always

@hater1: why the hell did he marry here? besides isn't she like eighteen and she's far too young to be married.

@user1: they are couple goals

@user2: her @ changed

@jimmybutler: Congrats to you both

@bam1of1: Congrats love you both

@vanessabryant: congratulations Hunter you look so beautiful and kobe would be so happy

@hunterherro: thank you aunt v

@nataliabryant: absolutely gorgeous

@nolimitherro:

{Same picture from Hunter's post}

@nolimitherro: 13020

The day I will never forget. Te amo Hunter Iphigenia Herro. I have been in love with you since I was twelve years old. I knew that one day I was going to marry you. You are my world, my everything, my life I don't know what I would do without you in my life.  There's one thing greater than basket basketball. You.

[tagged: @hunterherro]

View comments:

@hunterherro: I love you bubs forever and always

@user1: homeboy is winning his rookie season and got the girl