7. 𝓘 𝓗𝓪𝓽𝓮 𝓣𝓱𝓲𝓼

Chapter Seven: I Hate This
I hate hospitals, I hate being here, I hate all of this. I can't sleep. I have been scared to sleep. I was laying in the bed and it is five o'clock in the morning. There's a security guard outside my hospital room until Paxton is caught. Tyler called my parents about what happened but I told them not to fly down here. I am reading an article that was written about me.

Hunter Jameson rushed to hospital in Miami
ENews!
October 29. 2019
Singer, songwriter Hunter Jameson, 18 was rushed to Jackson Memorial Hospital tonight with severe injuries just a couple of days after announcing on her Instagram that she had moved to Miami. It was allegedly her ex boyfriend that she posted to her social media then in September of 2019 she deleted all photos of the two.  Nobody knows what her injuries are but she is in our prayers.

"Good morning, Hunter," the resident greets me for pre rounds..

"Good morning Dr. Riley," I greet the resident.

"Where's your boyfriend?" She asks and I know that she is referring to Tyler.

"First of all he's not my boyfriend and he's in Atlanta, he's a pro basketball player," I tell her.

"I knew he looked familiar he's Tyler Herro," She said looking at my chart.

"Have you had any pain?" She asks me.

"A little but not anything Jurassic," I answer.

"Dr. Collins, Dr Madden and the rest of the residents will be here in about twenty minutes, and the nurse on call told me that you didn't sleep,' She says and I roll my eyes. Damn it I'm busted. I look at Dr Riley.

"I get it, you were hit and you are scared that he's going to come back and finish the job," Dr. Riley says and I nod.

"See you in twenty," Dr. Riley says to before walking out the door. I told my mom I would call her during rounds so she could truly know what is going on.

After fifteen minutes, I decide to call my mother. It's four fifteen o'clock back home but I know that Mom is already up.. I call her and after two rings she answers.

"Buenos dias, mija," Mom greets me.

"Buenos días, los médicos vienen a mi habitación en cinco minutos," I tell her.

"Vale," She answers when there is a knock at my room door. I see Dr. Collins, my orthopedic surgeon, and Dr. Madden, my neurosurgeon.

"Dr. Gilmore present," Dr. Madden says to one of the residents.

"Hunter Jameson, 18 was brought in two days ago with a fractured pelvis, two fractured ankles, two fractured wrists, and a hematoma, that Dr. Madden went in to control the bleeding in trauma one. Then Dr Collins repaired her fractured pelvis, wrists, and ankles," Dr Gilmore reported. 

"Good, how long is she off of her feet?" Dr. Collins asks the residents.

"Six to eight weeks using crutches," One of the other residents answers.

"How long until she can leave the hospital?" Mom asks through the phone that I put on speaker when the doctors came in.

"She will get out of here on Sunday," Dr. Madden answers.

"Just in time for the game against Houston perfect," I say and I hear Mom sigh.

"Mom I am not going to be cooped up in my apartment by myself, I'm scared to be alone, the doctors said I can fly as long as I am careful. Besides I have to be in LA to be on Skip and Shannon," I try hard not to scream.

"I know mija but you have to heal and not go straight on a plane," Mom says to me.

"I need to be safe, and Tyler is the only person here in Miami that can do that," I say to Mom.

"Okay, mija."
****
I am trying to find the TNT channel on the hospital TV. I search for  five more minutes until I finally find it and set the remote on the table.

"I just noticed something that is written on all of the Heat players' shoes. The name Hunter is written on every one of their shoes after Tyler Herro's best friend was assaulted," The commentator says which makes me smile that they are doing this for me.
****
The game is over and they beat Atlanta 106-97. Dr. Gilmore walks in and looks at my chart then walks to my bed.

"Where's your boyfriend?" Dr. Gilmore asks me.

"He's not my boyfriend, and he's in Atlanta," I said pointing to the TV.

"He sure seems like it when he was here he never left your side," The nurse chimes in when she walks in the door.

"I promise you he's not my boyfriend, the guy who did this to me was my ex," I tell the two of them.

"You wait and see Hunter, Wait and see."

**Ask some questions about me I will answer one of them after every chapter.**