~6.𝓑𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓮𝓷 𝓽𝓸 𝓝𝓮𝓪𝓻 𝓓𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓱~

Chapter Six: Beaten to Near Death

Fear. It's in all of us, we live through it and we face it in certain times of our lives, sometimes on a daily basis.

Miami plays Atlanta tonight. Jimmy is making his debut after the birth of his daughter.

I get out of my bed and walk into our kitchen, I reach for the stuff for some pancakes. I try not to be so loud because Tyler is still sleeping. I start to mix the batter when I feel a pair of arms drap over my shoulder. I look over my shoulder and Tyler is standing behind me.

"Pancakes for breakfast I see," Tyler said resting his chin on my head.

"Yes, by the way Bam and Kendrick are coming over for lunch," I inform Tyler.

"Please tell me we are having Torres family empanadas for lunch," Tyler said, moving his arms off of my shoulder and I put the batter on the pan.

"Yes we are and no you are not knowing the recipe," I said to him. The empanada recipe has been in the family for nearly two centuries, not even my Dad knows the recipe.

"When are you going to tell me the recipe?" Tyler asks.

"Never, not even my dad knows the recipe."

****

It's almost eleven thirty and there is a knock at the door. I walk over to the door and it opens to reveal Bam. I move out of the way allowing him in the apartment.

"What's for lunch?" Bam asks me.

"Empanadas, Torres family recipe," I tell him.

"Yeah the recipe that I'm not allowed to know, even though I have known her for her entire life," Tyler yells. .

"Your kidding," Bam says looking at me when there is a second knock, I walk over and open the door allowing Kendrick in.

"What is Tyler bitching about?" Kendrick asks which makes me laugh so hard.

"He's in a pissy mood because I won't tell him, my mom's family's empanada recipe," I explain to Kendrick Tyler's issue.

"Come on Hunter I have known you your entire life," Tyler yells.

"Me importa una mierda," I yell at Tyler in Spanish.

"English please, I know you start speaking Spanish when you're mad but I don't speak Spanish," Tyler yells back.

"I said I don't give a fuck," I yell back. Bam and Kendrick look at each other and the oven goes off. I walk into the kitchen from the living room and get the empanadas out of the oven

"Alright let's eat."

****

Tyler and I arrive at American Airlines Arena and I am sitting courtside waiting for the game to start when I get a phone call from my publicist. I answer the phone.

"Hey Kai, what's up?" I ask my publicist when Tyler walks out of the tunnel.

"I know how much you love the show, Skip and Shannon: Undisputed so I was able to book you for when the Heat are in Los Angeles on November 8," Kai tells me and my jaw drops in shock.

"Are you fucking serious?" I ask in disbelief.

"Yeah, I'm fucking serious."

"Thanks Kai," I say to him before saying our goodbyes and hanging up the phone. Tyler walks over to me.

"What was that about?" Ty asks me.

"So you know how my dad and I watch Skip and Shannon everyday," I said to Tyler and he nods.

"I was just booked to talk on the show."

****

There is three seconds left of the game and Tyler scored twenty nine points. The game clock runs out and I stand up cheering for Tyler. He stands on the court knowing that he's going to have interviews. I run up to Tyler, I wrap my arms around his neck and my legs around his waist.

"Twenty nine points, holy shit," I say to Tyler.

"I know, especially because my good luck charm is here," Tyler says smiling at me. I get off of him.

"Go go do your press interviews, I'll meet you at the car cause I have the keys,' I said hugging Tyler not caring if he's sweaty.

"Hunter, I'm hella sweaty," Tyler says to me.

"I don't care," I say to my best friend.

He walks into the tunnel and I find my way to his Mercedes. I unlock the car when someone grabs my wrist, turns me around. Before I have the chance to process who it is. Their hand is grasped to my neck pressing hard with their entire hand. I look and it's Paxton.

"You think you can run from me you little bitch," He says, pressing even harder, I start gasping for air.

"I wonder why I ran because you are some psychotic son of a bitch who has been hitting me and abusing me for years," I said with little air that I had.

"Bitch," He says, slamming me to the pavement. He straddles me and holds his hand to my neck before I had the chance to run.

"I knew that you were in one of four place. LA, London, New York, or here. And of course he's here so I assumed so are you," He said standing up slams his foot on my pelvis. Where the hell is Tyler?

I groan in complete pain and everything goes black.

****

I open my eyes in an unfamiliar place. Where the hell am I?

"Someone, she's awake," I hear someone yell, I know that voice anywhere. Tyler.

"Tyler," I say faintly trying to speak but my throat is killing me.

"Hunter, I thought I was going to lose you," Tyler said holding my hand in his.

"Ms. Kennedy, you were injured pretty badly. You are lucky to be alive, you suffered a fractured pelvis, two fractured ankles, a head trauma.

"You have to go to Atlanta," I said looking to Tyler.

"I am more worried about you Hunter, who did this to you?" Tyler asks. I take a quick breath.

"Paxton," I reveal to him.

"I told you he was bad news," Ty says to me.

"I know I couldn't tell you that this was happening," I say to him trying not to cry.

"How long did this go on?" Tyler asks me.

"It went on for four year before I ran," I tell him.

"Four years and you never once mentioned it," He said and I start to cry. He climbs into the hospital bed with me wrapping his arms around me. I groan in pain for a split second.

"Doc, when can I get out of here?" I ask her.

"You can get out of here in four days but you need to take it easy," She tells me.

"Can I fly?" I ask her.

"I mean you could but it's not advised," She tells me. I look to Tyler, he knows what I mean.

"She has no one here expect for me and the team so I think she doesn't want to be alone while we are away," Tyler explains to the doctor.

'Ok, I will tell you that you can fly but you have to be careful, okay," She said and I nod my head. She walks out of the room and I look to Tyler who got a text from Bam.

"Go, they need you," I say to him.

"No, you need me," Tyler says kissing my forehead.

"You are going to Atlanta, I will be here when you get back," I say to him resting my head on his chest.

Are you sure?" He asks me, still unsure if I am safe.

"Yes go, kick some ass for me."