20. 𝓢𝓴𝓲𝓹 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓢𝓱𝓪𝓷𝓷𝓸𝓷 𝓟𝓪𝓻𝓽 𝓣𝔀𝓸

Chapter Twenty: Skip and Shannon Part Two

"We are joined by Cowboys defensive end DeMarcus Lawrence, as well as singer songwriter and avid Dallas Cowboys fan Hunter Herro joins us in Miami," Jenny introduces DeMarcus and I.

"Before I ask my question, growing up outside of your hometown team Milwaukee Bucks, you also rooted for your godfather's Los Angeles Lakers. Which brings me to what happened on Sunday. You were in Los Angeles preparing for Grammys when you heard the news. You went to the Staples Center that night and won five Grammys and dedicated your last win to him. How are you doing?" Skip asks me.

"It still doesn't seem real I mean I went to dinner with him the night before so when I saw the article I just immediately started balling and almost didn't go to the awards. My husband has really been there for me, he has been my shoulder to cry on. This is actually the one of two times I've left my apartment I left for the first time yesterday," I went on.

"That's right you got married yesterday," Shannon says to me and I could see a look of confusion on DeMarcus' face,

"Wait how old are you?" DeMarcus asks looking at me.

"I'm eighteen,"

"DeMarcus Lawrence I all but gave you a standing ovation a year or so ago when you got paid because you really got paid because you earned it you were as dominant a pass rushing force as there was in the league and then last year happened and I'm the biggest Cowboys fan on Earth and I still can't wrap my head around what happen especially on the defensive side of the ball. It just didn't happen so you've had a month or so to sort of just cogitate about it, just let it sink in. What went wrong?" Skip says changing the subject and asks DeMarcus.

"Right you know you said I was a dominant pass rusher but also a dominant run stopper too. So just being able to go and look at both levels of playing football, running and passing game is. Um it's really all about you know making your stops when it's time and we had opportunities. We had opportunities to get turnover and it's all about doing those things when the time matters and we didn;t do those things That's why I feel like the season turned out the way it did. ," DeMarrcus went on., which I agree completely.

"I completely agree you guys didn;t seem like you guys were yourselves like you have been in the past. You guys the past few years had this fire and energy to you that you didn't seem to have last year. You had the energy but the fire just wasn't there and you guys ended up going 8-8," I add.

****

I drove three hours to Orlando to watch Tyler play.and it's our one month I arrive at the Magic's arena an hour ahead of the game. I walk to my courtside seat and sit down and watch Tyler take his shots.

****

There are two minutes left in the second quarter and we are up 57-49.

"Herro is so hot, I bet I could get into his pants," The girl sitting next to me. I immediately start laughing and I look down at my wedding ring.

"Do you have a problem?" The girl asks

"No not at all," I lie because I just want to see her reaction later.

****

The game is over and they won the game 102-89. Tyler scored 23 points. Tyler walks over and looks down at me, his brown eyes meeting my blue ones. He wraps his arms around my waist and pulls me into a kiss. I kiss back and melt into the kiss. I break the kiss and look at the girl.

"Unless you are me which you aren't you are not getting in his pants. By the way the name is Hunter Herro and back your thirsty ass off my husband," I say to the girl who is looking at us with her mouth open in shock.

"Jade I told you he is married," Her friend said to her and then the two of them walked away.

"Damn, I love my wife" Tyler said to me. I get up on my tipy toes and pecked his lips.

"I love you too."