Hello Everyone!

Woohoo! Its Monday! Rise & Shine! Don't get me wrong people but I can't wait to reach my office and start my work. I love my work@office, I love my friends@office and I love my coffee@office. In short, I love my office.

Where do I work you ask?

I work with Holden Enterprises. I've been with them for the past 8 months and I absolutely love my job. If you ask me what do they do, I'll have to answer 'What do they not do?' From real estate to hotels, from restaurants to clubs, they have a presence in all areas. They have offices and properties in New York, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, and San Francisco. I recently heard about some business they clinched in Beijing as well. As far as my work goes, I am a Personal Assistant to Ethan Holden and I work in their San Francisco office. There is a sense of belonging every time I walk into the office, and I feel like all of the company's achievements are mine.

Now, if you're thinking that this is a billionaire boss-PA story, you're wrong. My boss is an absolute darling and I love him but I don't 'love' him. You know what I mean. He is gentle, appreciative, an amazing human, and utterly handsome. Not like the rude, snobby, and bad-tempered rich men I've heard about.

His fiancé Samantha (yup! he's engaged) is also very beautiful and elegant. She manages her chain of boutiques in New York and though she never boasts about it, I have always seen her in breathtakingly stunning designs and color combinations which are, I guess, from her own boutique! I've met her a lot of times and she's always been nice to me. She even invited me for their marriage which is in the next six months. Yup! just a few months to go. I'm sure she doesn't expect me to come for marriage as it's in Los Angeles. There is no way that I fly to LA, attend the marriage, and fly back. Quite honestly, I can't afford it.

I've also met Ethan's father many times. Though he is retired, he visits his youngest son. That's right, Ethan is the youngest of Holdens. I've heard that there's a super senior brother Holden and a senior sister Holden but I haven't met them ever.

As I get ready, my roommate, Steffi also gets up. Steff works as a receptionist in The Plaza Premium Hotel. I got to know her during one of my interviews which was held at her hotel. We quickly became friends. After I left my first job, I met her once in the club. It was through one of her contacts that I came to know about the opportunity in Holden Enterprises. Not only that, she also helped me with a temporary arrangement for my accommodation that quickly turned to be permanent as we became thick friends.

As I get ready, I glance myself in the mirror. I'm not a very beautiful girl but I'm okay. I love my green eyes which are in complete contrast to my dark auburn hair. I'm not very tall but my heels always come to my rescue. I'm putting on a bit of weight here and there and I guess I'll have to stop all the junk food that I so love.

I generally take the Subway and get down at my station. There's a Starbucks close by from where I religiously pick up Ethan's coffee. The perks of being a good PA? I get a sponsored morning coffee. I hum as I pick up my boss's favorite drink and mine from Starbucks and walk towards my office.

Holden Enterprises is a 45-storey tall building located in the center of San Francisco's business district – Mission Street. As I enter the lobby, I wave cheerfully to Christina, or Chris as I call her, our company receptionist. She is beautiful and fashionable. But anyone who approaches her with a misplaced intention gets a piece of her mind. I often make fun of her telling that her temper is shorter than her dress. We became quick friends and now, she is also my lunch buddy.

I come in a bit early every day as it saves a lot of time queuing for coffee and the escalator. Ethan's office is on the top floor and the floor is divided into two halves. The first half is Ethan's office, my cabin, and the receptionist's desk. The other half comprises of a huge conference room where Ethan holds very important meetings and sometimes client lunches too.

Ethan's office is gigantic by any standards. An entire side of the wall is filled with books. His mahogany desk is bigger than my dining table. There's a separate classy couch for special guests and a bar counter filled with drinks. I regularly use the filing cabinets which holds all the agreements and documents.

There's an adjoining room which we call the Chamber and that's where he eats his lunch every day. It is literally a miniature apartment. It has a sofa-cum-bed for the occasional nap. There's a small round table with chairs around it. There's also a small wardrobe which holds some spare suits, a kitchenette equipped with a fridge which is stocked and a big bathroom too which is the size of my bedroom. There's another filing cabinet here which is always locked. Ethan once told me that it has all the high-security documents and important agreements.

My job starts after I place Ethan's coffee in his cabin and go back to my tiny cabin. Though I always get things ready by the previous day, sometimes there are cancellations and additions to programs depending on Ethan's priority. Within the next few minutes, Elsa, the receptionist also reaches and we get ready for a new day ahead. Ethan should reach within a couple of minutes.

Have you ever had a weird fluttering sense of uneasy feeling in your tummy? The one that tells you that something fishy is coming up even when everything seems right? Today, I'm getting that feeling.

As the elevator opens, Ethan walks in, as usual, smiling and greeting us. Behind him is another man. He is tall, taller than Ethan, and devilishly handsome. His hair is ruthlessly gelled and combed back. His navy blue tailored suit fits him to perfection. His strides are long and purposeful. His lips are pursed and he is frowning as if there's something unpleasant under his nose.

I giggled as I pictured a rotten tomato under his nose and at that precise moment, he looked at me. His frown changed to a scowl and his brows furrowed. There was a flash of bright blue eyes that deepened as he glared at me.

'Oops! Not a good first impression Amy' My conscience pinched. 'Well! Who is he and who wants to impress Mr. Grumpy anyway?!'