Revenge?

Have you had days when everything goes wrong from the moment you wake up? Like today when I didn't realize that I snoozed my alarm. The geyser wasn't working and I couldn't get any proper formals to wear. Steff had already left and there was nothing to eat. The queue in Starbucks was uncharacteristically long and my legs were paining in my new heels. Looks like today is going to be a great day.

As I came to the office Elsa gestured the murder sign by depicting cutting her neck. What now? He was in the conference room talking to someone. I could see him from outside and he didn't look happy.

I knocked at the conference room and placed his coffee in front of him. I scurried out as he glared at me for interrupting the meeting. After that, I started my work.

I immediately called Ivan. My folly yesterday combined with such a good mood of the boss could be a deadly combination. It seems there was a shortage of the printer cartridge of my printer's model. The order was already placed and I was assured that I will get the cartridge before evening.

The meeting in the conference room continued even when I left for Lunch. It was still going on when I came back from lunch. What are they talking about? Usually, I'd be present for any meeting and had the responsibility to note down the important pointers but I was not notified about this meeting at all. It was almost the evening coffee time when the meeting finished and Mr. Grumpy came back to his office.

I knocked on the door and was literally startled when I heard a loud "Come in". I pushed gently and walked towards the table. I placed the Espresso and looked at him. He was staring murderously at me. Yesterday's outburst came to my mind and I gulped.

"Did you file the documents, Ms. Wilson?" He got up from his chair. He was wearing a navy blue shirt that clung very sexily to his body. I remembered crying on his naked chest. 'Shit! Don't think about the body'.

"Uhm... No, Mr. Holden. Yesterday the -"

"I don't want to hear your excuses" he roared.

"It is not an excuse. The printer wasn't working and Ivan was -" wait, I can't say that he was at home. Didn't he say something about 24 hours on-call? "Uhm... the printer cartridge order has been placed." I finished lamely

"It should be done before you leave today." His tone was final.

He went back to his work. I rushed outside and called Ivan. I couldn't wait till the cartridge comes and so I emailed the file to Ivan and asked him to take the printouts. The printing started and soon I had all the papers ready with me. I categorized them into different files and created the master files as I usually do. It took me less than two hours to get everything ready.

I took the file, knocked on the door, and waited for his permission. As I entered, I could see him standing near the window and speaking to someone over the telephone. The filing cabinets were near his table. The files were all arranged alphabetically. I checked for 'M' as I tried fitting this file. It was the lowest rack and I had to bend down to open the drawer. It took me some time to find the place for 'Marker International'. There was already a file named 'Marker International'. Confused I looked at Mr. Grumpy only to find him staring at me, at my buttocks to be precise. I stood up immediately.

"What are you looki – doing?" My heartbeat increased.

"Nothing. I guess you won't care even if I fuck inside my own office." He repeated my words, didn't he? He walked dangerously close to me.

"I didn't mean it like that." My voice was low.

'Oh dear! Please don't fire me.'

"What did you mean then, may I ask?" His voice was dangerously polite and he was almost circling me.

"I - I guess it's your life and it's your office so as long as you both enjoy" I shrugged. What do I say? What about at least go to the Chamber for such episodes?

"Come here!" He said roughly. He pulled my hand and I flew towards him. In a fraction of second, I was imprisoned between him and the cabinet wall. I was scared and I was excited. I felt the coldness from the metal behind me and the heat emanating from him. My heart was beating onto my ears.

"Look at me Amy" I felt him clenching his teeth as the words came out.

I gulped and looked up to him. He was so tall, I had to crane my neck. As I did so, he leaned down and I his minty breath fanned my face. I closed my eyes. I wanted to look down. I would have if only he wouldn't have held my chin with his fingers. For the anger he showed moments before, this touch was surprisingly soft.

"Are you scared of me?" I sensed confusion in his voice. My eyes were still closed. How do I respond to this question?

"I'd never hurt you Amy" I risked a peek. Was that pain in his voice and eyes? I could forever be lost in those blue eyes. I wanted to touch his cheeks. The hard jawline so clenched. God! He looked so handsome that I unknowingly licked my lips.

"Don't provoke me Amy" He groaned, his eyes darting towards my lips.

"Ugh? Wha? – what did I do now?" I almost crocked as I wet my lips again.

"This" He swooped down to capture my lips. It was not a gentle kiss. It was hard and passionate and I couldn't do anything but be melted. My core throbbed as my hands went around his neck to clench his hair. I pulled them and I could hear him growl. He urged me to open my mouth and I willingly did so. I had no idea how long I was wanting this. To touch him and taste him. His hands roamed around my body, scorching me as if they were branding me. I arched to him not ready to let go. He parted my legs with his knees and pressed harder letting me feel his growing desire. His heat engulfed me and just when I thought that my knees will give away, suddenly everything went cold.

"What the hell? Why did you stop...? What happened?" I wasn't sure what had happened. A moment before we couldn't have enough of each other and now, he was standing away, near his huge window, staring at me. He can't play with my emotions just like that. This time, I am not going to just listen to him and obey.

"Please leave Ms. Wilson" his voice was tart. I couldn't believe we were back to the last name basis.

"Wha-t huh?" My mind was still not ready to accept it.

"Are you telling me that you enjoyed it?" Was he mocking me?

"Are you telling me that you didn't enjoy it?" I raised my chin.

"As long as we both enjoyed it, it's okay isn't it?" He raised one of his eyebrows.

"How dare you?" I was furious.

"Tone, Ms. Wilson" His lips were a thin line.

"Then behave, Mr. Holden" I straightened my dress and hair and turned on my heel.

I was fuming by the time I reached my desk. How dare he! How in the fuck's name dare he? But as I sat down, I realized that I was angrier with myself than with him. How could I? I was visibly shaking not only because of the close encounter but also because of the heated exchange we had.

It was anyway my time to leave and I decided to call it a day. I couldn't bear to sit there and work as if nothing had happened. I quickly rushed to the washroom to see if my makeup needs any fixing. I was flushed though I was not sure if it was because of the kiss or because of the talks.

My lips were tingling. As I touched my lips, my blood throbbed at the point where he gave me a lip mark. I hated the fact that I undeniably loved the kiss.

Oh God!