Family Trip

The party was a tremendous success. After the dinner, everyone retired to their respective bedrooms. Tomorrow, we are going for the Family trip. Steve & Anna decided not to join us at the last moment. We were supposed to drive from Los Angeles in three cars and reach the destination. We would be back by next Sunday. Sam detailed me about the plan and I was really excited. I was, however, a bit apprehensive too. Both the couples, Ethan-Sam, Fran-Justin are lovey-dovey and very expressive. I wonder how Alex and I would be.

As I stood in the closet wondering where to start the packing, Alex came in. He casually selected a few shirts, shorts and briefs and closed his suitcase.

"That's all? Have you finished packing?" I couldn't believe it! How can it be so simple? I had to take shorts and dresses for casual outings, a gown for the evening, swimsuit for beach, night suit for sleeping, inners, towels, makeup, sunglasses. Don't even get me started on shoes. There's the heel, wedges, sneakers, flipflops. What if I need them all?

"Yup! what else is there to pack. If your suitcase is full, I can help you with mine." He grinned looking around all the clothes strewn around. He halted and picked up a dark green lace bodysuit. He rubbed the fabric between his fingers. His eyes met mine and I sensed the blush creeping up on me. "It's nice" he whispered and walked outside.

The bodysuit was not my choice. It was almost forced on me by Sam. As we were buying things, Sam picked up this dark green sexy bodysuit. It had floral lace and mesh and a deep neck till the navel. With laces and mesh at the right places, it wouldn't show much of my skin but gave tempting glimpses.

"This matches your eyes. However, beware, it might not remain on your body for much longer!" she winked at me. I blushed and tried to turn.

"Hey! Wait a minute. Are you blushing?" She laughed "I think it's the characteristic of new love." Since I knew I would never wear that bodysuit, I decided to buy a swimsuit of the same color. I did pack the bodysuit. Too bad it would be wasted though.

We reached our destination by early evening. The resort was by the beach and each of the cottages had its own tiny slice of heaven. Each cottage had its own privacy with pretty hedges. Our cottages were adjacent, but each was a different cocoon. The dinner was arranged by the beach and it was quite nice. With the sun setting down and the gentle soothing voice of the waves, all I wanted to do was to sit there and relax.

The next day was pretty chilled out day where we walked around the city, had lunch in one of the restaurants, and walked some more. The men left us to do window and inside shopping while we pondered about the trinkets to buy. Post our dinner we had a noisy campfire too.

"Amy! Shall we go for a walk?" Alex gave me his hand. We were all sitting on sand around the campfire. I held his hand and got up. We walked quietly for some time and reached a comparatively peaceful spot.

"A bunch of maniacs, aren't they?" He asked. "Sometimes they could be a bit over-enthusiastic." He smiled.

"I love them. It's so lovely actually." I meant what I said. "Thank you!" I didn't know why I thanked him. I guess I didn't know what else to say.

"Thank you for agreeing to this Amy." He held my hands.

"Did you know that your mother was aware that you might do an act with Regina?" I said

"I would've guessed. She knows me better than I know myself. So, if she says anything about me, you can close your eyes and believe it." He smiled.

My mind went to Anna's comment 'If he is marrying you, I have no doubt that he loves you.'

'Was that true?'

'I wish it was.'

'Really, why?'

"Reveal you soul? What's going inside that pretty head of yours?" He wanted to know.

"Erm, nothing" I was pretty busy with the internal war of words.

"Shall we turn back? Tomorrow we are going for an underwater adventure. Are you up for it?"

"Yup! Bring it on!" I tried to laugh and he joined me. He never left my hand. We walked back in a comfortable silence with our hands joined together.

We were to leave post-lunch the next day for the scuba diving experience. Our boat was already at the beach waiting for us to board. We were all soon on our way to a heavenly spot in the middle of the ocean. It was a paradise. We all changed to our scuba diving gear and completed the instructor's briefing. Even though I'm a beach baby, I was a bit scared of deep waters and I decided to try snorkeling. The rest of the gang went ahead with the scuba diving. As I waited, Alex came up.

"Why snorkeling? Scuba diving is a different world altogether." He reasoned.

"Yea! I know but I'm a bit scared of such deep water. You see, I haven't done this ever before." I replied

"There's always a first time." He smiled and I smiled back.

"Trust me?" He extended his hand.

"I do." I said it with full conviction.

"Then let's get you geared!" He gestured to the instructor. They helped me to gear up and soon I was ready for my first ever scuba diving.

I tightly held Alex's hand as he gently led me deep into the ocean. Some deep diving minutes later, the world around me transformed. The deep blue of the sea was mesmerizing with the sun's rays streaming down like a huge lamp. With tiny yellow-blue-red fishes that darted from all directions, the slow-moving turtle which allowed me to touch it and the colorful corals swaying gently, I knew this was heaven. I was so thankful to Alex that he didn't allow me to miss it. He was close by, examining something.

As I looked at him, I realized that I love him. I don't know when I started loving him but I know that I do. He has always helped me, considered me, and taken care of me. True he was Mr. Grumpy but did he ever insult me? Made me feel inferior? Took advantage of me? Never! My mind went to the kiss which I wanted it as much as he wanted it. I watched him as I dwelled upon this new realization. There was a chemistry between us that I was scared to explore because somewhere in my heart I knew that if it explodes, it will consume me and there will be no turning back.

As we moved up towards our boat, Alex helped me to climb back on the boat. We shed our gears and were relaxing. I was feeling a bit adventurous and I coupled my green bodysuit with my jeans. As I came back on the deck, my eyes met Alex's. His eyes roamed over me but they were unreadable. Everyone was a bit tired due to exploration. Tomorrow we are going back but today is still alive.

I stood at the deck watching the sun go down, slowly and steadily, deepening the hue shining against the crystal blue waters. It was one of the most beautiful views I had ever seen. Alex came beside me and smiled. We looked at each other and our breaths hitched. I turned towards him as he held me gently in his arms. His eyes darkened, replacing happiness with passion. He lowered his head slowly as I waited for those lips to take me. At first, it was a gentle kiss but soon it deepened. He was tender as he slowly sucked my lower lip and I moaned against him. He nibbled on my lip and I invited him in. Our tongues danced as we explored every sensitive nooks of our mouths. His arms squeezed me towards him and my hands went up around his neck.

I didn't want to stop but the shuddering and quietening of the engine told us that we have reached back on the beach. As we pulled away, I sighed and rested my head on his chest listening to the steady rhythm of his heart.

'There is really no turning back for me now!'