Incoming Conference

We reached the office soon. The email confirmation from Lui-Changpu was already in my inbox. I felt sleepy as the heavy junk food was being processed. I wanted to take a quick nap. Yawning, I opened the email:

From: Hou, Vincent <vincent.hou<a>lui-changpu.com>
Sent: Wednesday, July 1, 2020 3:25 PM
To: Holden, Alexander <alexander.holden<a>holdenenterprises.com
>
Cc: Wilson, Amelia <amelia.wilson<a>holdenenterprises.com
>

Subject: Confirmation: Annual Investor Conference

Dear Mr. Holden,

As discussed during the meeting, we would like to confirm your presence at our Annual Investor Conference in Seattle.

Kindly respond and confirm that it will be Mr. Holden plus one who will attend the conference. Please also confirm the accommodation if it should be twin or double occupancy.

The attachment contains the program structure in detail.

Best,

Vincent Hou | Personal Assistant
Lui-Changpu  Group 
of Companies; 93 Jianguo Road, Beijing, China, 100022
Cell: +86-010-8558 8479 | vincent.hou<a>lui-changpu.com
Mission Statement: We serve our Clients, our Stakeholders, and our Employees.

The words in the email felt like running ants, 'Annual Investor Conference in Seattle'.

Wait! What? Seattle!?

Suddenly all the sleepiness evaporated. I thought the conference is in San Francisco. I ran towards the office to let Mr. Grumpy know. I knocked on his door and waited for permission to enter. He was on a call and gestured me to sit down. Once his call was over, he went back to reading the documents.

"Ahem... Mr. Holden, I got an email from Mr. Hou, the personal assistant of Mr. Lui. It is about the confirmation about the conference" I started.

"Yup saw that" His answers are always short

"The conference is in Seattle!"

"I know" His voice was still calm.

"But-I thought it is here. I mean-" I assumed that he had no information where the conference is going to be.

"I know it's in Seattle and that was one reason why I was planning to skip." He stopped reading the document and looked at me "Since you were so eager to send me, I decided to pull you too." He smirked.

"But-" My shoulders slumped.

"But?" His brows raised.

"I don't know. Do you need me there?" 'Please say no!'

"Surely. Let this be a lesson for you to understand my cues" He smiled and went back to his documents.

"When will you leave?" I was curious to know about the travel details.

"We will leave together on Thursday afternoon and reach back by Saturday evening." He signed some documents. "Contact the Travel desk to book the flight tickets for us"

"And accommodation?" We have to stay somewhere, don't we?

"That is sponsored by Lui's company. Reply very clearly about accommodation. Language is a barrier sometimes." He shook his head.

"Okay, Mr. Holden." If we return by Saturday evening then this week is also a goner. I sighed. But maybe I'll learn something and the best thing is this is a fully sponsored trip. What else could I ask for?