Happily Ever After

Everything happened in a jiffy after that. The date of the wedding was fixed in less than a week. We decided to keep the ceremony private with only family and close friends. Mom, Ron, and Clara flew down from Florida. Apparently, Alex had a detailed talk with mom and they talked about for more than an hour. I still don't know what they talked about but I know that mom's attitude has changed post the call.

I was thrilled that Chris, Ivan, and Steff traveled to attend my marriage. It was only later that I came to know that it was all Alex's plan.

As I stood facing the mirror, I couldn't believe how my life changed in the past couple of months.

I looked at my reflection. My dress was a simple white fishtail gown with silver metallic threads creating beautiful features. It fitted me well till my knees and then it flared away making it enchanting. It was full sleeves but made up of lace and I loved the buttons down the back. A very light lace edge white veil was pinned to my hair as my hair was pulled and tied up with a few wisps free to flutter.

Something old, something new,

Something borrowed, something blue,

A silver sixpence in her shoe

My mom gave me her pearl bracelet and Steff pinched the small tiny blue hair-diamond on my hair. Sam kissed and gave me a silver sixpence to be hidden in my shoes. "I've been saving this for my marriage so keep it safe for me" She smiled. My eyes welled but I blinked them back.

Ron came into the room and I realized that it was time. I hooked my arms into his and took a deep breath as I moved forward.

Tiny Jeff was the official ring bearer and the flower girls walked in front of me. Since the marriage was in a hurry, there were no bridesmaids. Sam was my maid of honor and Ethan was the Best Man. Anna stood as the officiant at the altar.

As I stood in front of the door, my eyes found Alex's. He looked so handsome. Wearing a black tuxedo suit, his hair was gelled back and he smiled as looked at me. The music played and then it clicked to me that the track was 'Perfect' by Ed Shereen. 'He remembered!' My heart swelled and this time when I looked at him, he gave me a full smile.

As Ron handed me to Alex, I knew that this is the most beautiful moment in my life but I also know that Alex will make sure that each moment is more beautiful than the previous one. After exchanging our vows, Anna smiled and said

'Alexander and Amelia have found their love for each other

Those whom God had joined together, let no one bother

By the power vested in me by God and man, I pronounce you man and wife.

You may now kiss the bride'

Everyone clapped as Alex came closer. He smiled and sealed our future with a beautiful kiss.

....The Beginning....