Wait

I wondered when did Amy became so important in my life? Was it her sheer innocence? Was it the fact that she was not influenced by my money? Or that she never considered me as a money machine? What made her special for me? She was unlike any women I met so far.

That day, when I stood watching Amy arranging the lunch in the chamber, the realization that I love Amy hit me hard. So, what they say is true, you never know the value of someone until they leave you. I was so close to losing her. I could never tell her my true feelings. Won't she see me as an opportunist? Amy made me realize that I too had a human side, that I was also longing for love.

I couldn't believe when Amy agreed for this arrangement. I was so close to lose her and then, the miracle happened! I know she signed it as an arrangement but I will make sure that she will love me one day, just the way I love her.

I can't forget the question & answer session I had with her. It was a rapid fire, like the one we have on television chat shows. Though I knew that she will share my bedroom, I didn't want to scare her away and so I lied. Why was she reluctant to talk about sex? Wasn't she attracted to me? I am sure she was but again, under no conditions I wanted her to be uncomfortable. My agreement was fool-proof and she caught me at the 'Bedroom Clause'. I had thought that it would be easy to convince her. It was anything but that.

I wanted her to shift as soon as possible but she wanted time to talk to her family and friends. Fair enough! Her mom wasn't fully convinced. I think I should talk to her. Looks like her CIA gang gave her a tough time and she definitely gulped some questions. I was stumped at her question. Why did I go to Purple Lounge that night? How do I tell her that I went to see her? She doesn't need to know this now. Anyways, I was glad that she was shifting soon.

She was very nervous as she moved to my Penthouse. I wanted to give her enough space and time to adjust. I made sure that I don't make her more uncomfortable than she really is. The first night in the house was tough for her for I knew that she was not asleep. She kept twisting and turning. When I woke up at dawn, I switched off her mobile so that she could sleep peacefully.

I don't know when I took the decision about engagement ring. After all, that's what the norm is. Maybe because I wanted to convince everyone. Maybe because I thought one day, this engagement ring will make sense to her, that I really meant it when I bought it.

I went to the jewelers and selected the engagement ring I wanted. I was very sure that I need her name on the ring. I also notified them that Amy will come to select the ring. With a confirmation that my ring will be delivered the same day, I reached office.

I couldn't help thinking about which one she might choose. I tried to analyse her fashion sense. Isn't simple and elegance the word? She definitely had that aesthetic sense. Her make-up was always minimal, she dressed according to the occasions. So, she might go for something simple but delicate. I waited for the Black card swipe message which never came. What's taking her so long? Why didn't she buy the ring? I wanted her to wear the ring before we left for Los Angeles.

I was surprised when she stated that she got the ring, her head held high that she spent her own money. The shine in her eyes was beautiful and I was proud of her. But my shock knew no bounds when I saw the simple ring she selected for herself. With the entire shop at her disposal, why did she select such a humble ring? Was it because she thought this relationship is temporary or was it because she doesn't like jewelry? As I slid the ring into her finger, she trembled and I know it affected her. She was being pulled emotionally into this. I wanted to hug her tight, comfort her and tell her what I really felt.

'Darling, I mean this. I want us to be together for the rest of my life. To grow old together.' Only if I could tell her.

Though she signed up this agreement, I know that she is yet to grasp the depths. A simple good morning kiss made her uncomfortable and I was worried if Elise would become doubtful. We planned to leave for Los Angeles by noon but I was late due to some delay in the consignment from the contractors. As I returned, I found her sleeping peacefully on the couch. I would have just sat there and allowed her to sleep but we had to reach home.

I loved the shocked look on her face when she realized that we were travelling via private jet. Sometimes I wonder if she never searched about me in internet? But, I was not happy when she termed our arrangement as a 'forced marriage'. I would have agreed to dissolve this agreement if she wanted, though my heart screamed 'No'. She was extremely nervous as we reached our home but I know my family and I know that they will love her just like how she will love them.

The paparazzi news was a surprise to me as well. She sat there, lost in thought as I convinced her to disregard it. But the moment she came down, Sam and Fran took over. I know that the ladies had a good time but what I was scared of, was the evening meet with mother. My mother knows me very well. She might just connect the dots and catch the clues. But, when mother pulled me into a hug after meeting her, I knew that Amy had won over mother too.

Today, she stood in front of me wearing a stunning red gown which magnified her beauty. She is already attractive but an expert touch made her look different. Fastening the necklace around her neck was the last thing in the world I wanted to do. She looked gorgeous in that dress but all I wanted was her, without it. I would have claimed her then and there, if not for the promise I gave her. This is probably the last time I'm walking away from her for I don't think I can control myself anymore.

The dance was heartwarming and my heartbeat increased as she leaned towards me. I would've tasted her but the thunderous round of applause broke us apart. Mother was tired and I separated from Amy as went with mother to her room.

I came back to find Regina talking to Amy and I instantly knew what was happening. Before Regina could do any more damage, I was there for her. Surprisingly, it was very easy to rebuff Regina. All I had to do was to tell the truth.

Amy was shaken with the encounter and when she told me that we have neither love nor lust, I wanted to shake her up and tell her how much I love her. But I couldn't. I need to wait for the right moment. The moment when she will realize that she loves me too.

Till then, I will wait!