◇ ELEVEN □

◇□◇

The next day was chill. After eating breakfast the two "love birds" as they had been called, spent the day... working.

Natsuo stayed in contact with his teachers up until school was officially put on pause till students and teachers could safely return to campus.

While Y/n was able to contact Tsukauchi he just told her to hold off on work and focus on staying safe. Though he also said she could very well do some research on the couple cases she had brought along with her.

And to that, she groaned.

Over the last few days with very little to do, Y/n had already gone through all the cases. Looking into them was easy but drawing conclusions to all these unsolved cases was hard.

Missing people, strange murder scenes, murder scenes in general, not to mention the couple odd deaths. One was about an older woman who had passed away in her apartment.

One of the conspiracies was that of human combustion, one that Y/n and Natsuo both agreed on was pretty understandable.

"This sucks." Natsuo commented. "I wish we could go out or something but no, the sky just had to snow!" he complained and Y/n nodded along with him.

"The internet here is terrible. It takes at least fifteen minutes just for one sit to load up." Y/n voiced, her spot at the only desk in the room drawing Natsuo near.

"What case are you looking into now?" he asked, ditching his phone to walk over to Y/n. Snatching up a nearby chair, he sat next to Y/n.

With the chair backwards, he crossed his arms on the back while looking over the contents of the desk with wide eyes.

Y/n glanced at the boy, chuckling lightly before replying. "It's a big one here in Japan so you may know about it." she said, scrolling to the top of the website she was currently looking over. Though the screen was taking forever to load.

Sighing, Y/n instead pushed her laptop away slightly while it did it's thing, pulling the open file over between Natsuo and herself.

"It's about this guy who pulled a bank heist involving close to 300 million yen. He got away without ever being caught, the case is known as Japan's biggest robbery." Y/n informed her companion, earning a warm hum in reply.

"How did he do it? Please tell me he didn't just walk into a bank with a gun cus that's lame." Natsuo said, leaning in to glance over the file so he could read ahead. "Wait, he dressed up like a cop?!".

Laughing lightly Y/n nodded. "Yeah, he did. At the time, which was 1968, on December 10, there had been a couple bomb threats directly to the bank manager. So this guy dressed up like a cop near a prison and when a truck full of ¥294,307,500 came by he stopped them." Y/n said, summarizing the start of the heist.

"Who were the people driving the truck? Please tell me they stole the money to." Natsuo asked, jumping to different outcomes was something Y/n had learned Natsuo was quite good at.

"No, though that would have honestly been kind of funny. One robber stealing from other robbers." she joked and Natsuo asked if that had ever happened before. "Probably, people are weird and when it comes to money some are happy to steal from other stealers.".

"Kind of like Robin Hood?" Natsuo suggested and Y/n looked at him with a confused expression.

"You've never watched or read Robin Hood have you?" she asked and Natsuo shook his head.

"Not once, why? Did I guess wrong, I thought he steals stuff right?" he asked, causing Y/n to roll her eyes playfully.

"Do you wanna know about Robin Hood or the bank heist?" she asked, looking at him with a playful glint in her eyes.

He chose the bank heist so Y/n continued to explain. Telling her close friend all about how the pretend cop acted like the truck had a bomb in it, then proceeded to get the drivers to run away to the prison for protection. After they had ran the man jumped into the truck and drove off with his stolen cash.

Never to be found.

"The statute of limitations basically ran out so now if some came out and said they did it no one could do anything." Y/n explained making Natsuo chuckle.

"What's the period of time for the statute of limitations?" he asked, the reply her got was a shrug and a, "seven years, I think.".

"Oh yeah, they also found at least 120 pieces of evidence left behind on the scene though most of it is thought to be planted there. Also, in the file it says that they guy had moved the money to two other stolen vehicles, other then just the company owned truck he bad originally taken along with the yen." Y/n said making Natsuo groan.

"How can you possibly remember all of this? Like seriously, I'll probably forget most of this tomorrow. Like, I bet all I'm gonna remember is that some guy dressed like a cop and stole tons of yen." Natsuo complained while he leaned back and threw his arms up, completely forgetting he had the chair backwards.

The loud slam of his back hitting the ground would forever haunt Y/n's memory.

Though despite the loud and kind of scary slam, Y/n laughed at his pain. Through laughter she asked if the groaning boy was ok and he only let out a shaky breath. This caused Y/n to laugh harder.

She moved her chair to the side and turned her body to sit sideways on the seat, looking down at the guy with slight pity mixed with amusement.

"Are you good now?" she asked in a mocking tone. Natsuo looked up at her then closed his eyes before launching his attack.

Sitting up quickly, he snatched Y/n's wrist and pulled her down onto himself. Flipping their positions so he was on top, his hands moved around her stomach. The sound of giggles and laughter filled the room as Natsuo attacked the girl by tickling her.

◇□◇

A/n: because I've recently started to write more aesthetically pleasing books, my muscle memory is just constantly lower casing letters.

So I apologize for any grammatical errors, capitalization or not. :b