♡ TWENTY FOUR ♡

a/n: i promise this isn't smut just fluff :)
◇□◇

The golden glow covering both the older teens made them pause and hold each other. Gazing at one another just awing at the others soft, delicate, and warm features.

The summer sun set, white stars popping up in the sky to take its place as darkness settled. Y/n and Natsuo let their gentle chatter spin around them as they stargazed while their hands held the others.

Hearts pumping blood to their cheeks and ears that tinted red and pink as they giggled and chatted throughout the night, a cool breeze rushing over them making Y/n shiver and Natsuo sigh.

"Should we get a fire started or just head for the tent?" Y/n asked, sitting up from her spot next to Natsuo as she placed their connected hands in her lap.

She played with their fingers as Natsuo sat up and scooted closer to her. "My history with fire isn't exactly great," he started earning a giggle from the girl he disliked calling just a friend. "we can get inside though, I made sure to bring lots of blankets." he said, smiling at Y/n who nodded.

They stood, Natsuo felt like he finally had the chance of a lifetime. Now was the perfect time to ask the question he'd been dying to ask for what felt like weeks now.

Y/n's eyes reflected the glimmering stars as they stood for only a second before she sighed and said they should get inside before it got any colder, though neither of them moved.

Her head was tilted up as she scanned the beautiful night sky above, Natsuo's own eyes locked on her features as she smiled up at the deep abyss of a sky. His hands played with hers, eventually he looked away and she looked down to their interlaced hands.

She held his in her own, thumbs running around his soft skin before drawing small circles.

His gray eyes watching as she rubbed his hands, the cool of the night forgotten with the pure warmth they provided for each other.

The thought that had been pulling at the back of Natsuo's mind for the longest time finally broke free without his full consent, the words falling from nothing but truth as he stood across from the most important person in his life.

"I love you, Y/n." his voice was soft and gentle, the airy way he spoke adding to the dreamy sound of his words.

Y/n seemed to freeze before slowly looking up to meet Natsuo's loving gaze.

Both of their eyes glossed over and blurred as they held contact. Y/n's lips trembled as she nodded, internally yelling at herself before she finally spoke up.

"I love you too!" she didn't yell though her voice was raised, a small part of her mad she hadn't answered faster. "I love you, Natsuo." she said again, volume matching Natsuo's much more the second time.

Natsuo smiled, eyes filling and allowing his tears to slip out as Y/n's hands went to hold his cheeks and wip away his tears. They laughed at themselves quietly, whispering sweet nothings to each other as their voices grew horse from the overwhelming amount of emotions brewing between them.

They both calmed down from their little highs of joy and love, staring into each other's eyes Natsuo leaned forward slightly before leaning back. Y/n scoffed, one hand falling to his shoulder as the other cupped his cheeks and his own hands held her waist.

She took a step forward, their chests meeting as she looked at him head on, "Kiss me, Natsuo.". Her demand went answered and well appreciated by said boy, his cheeks flushing a bright red before he pressed his lips to hers.

Puckered lips softened to pleased smiles as small fireworks went of in both their self consciouses. Head held close together until a small laugh escaped Y/n, sending Natsuo into his own little bubbly laughter. Their foreheads bumped and rubbed against the other as they held each other in loving grips.

Y/n's one hand went to brush through Natsuo's hair as he spoke up, words sappy and spoken gently as warm air from his mouth embraced her face sending goosebumps down her arms. She leaned in and pecked his lips, his own reaching out to dot her forehead with sloppy butterfly kisses.

Once again they dissolved into giggles, lovestruck as they stood out in the cold kissing and hugging while mumbling soft spoken lines of comforting encouragement.

Y/n kissed Natsuo's cheek sending shivers down his back, though that might have also been the freezing cold.

"You know, I'm starting to think we should get inside." he said, mumbling the words into Y/n's hair as they embraced each other once more.

She sighed and tugged him towards the waiting tent. "We can cuddle inside the tent so come on." she said, smiling at him as they slowly made their ways to the tent. Arms still wrapped around each other as they walked, only coming undone when they got situated for sleep.

"Just to be clear," Natsuo started, a small smirk spreading on his features as Y/n snuggled up to him, "we are dating now, right?" he asked, earning laughter from his now girlfriend.

"You think I told you to kiss me because we're best friends?" she asked, laughter bubbling up within her as Natsuo chuckled lightly.

"Ok hey," he started, wanting to at least try and defend himself a little. "I dunno maybe you ment it in a, 'yeah I love you in a best friend way, too!' or something..." his face had only recovered for a few mu before it was once again a flush pink.

Y/n chuckled and pecked his nose, arms wrapping around him as they both fell into a comfortable silence.

"I love you more then anything.".

"Ew, haha.".

◇□◇

a/n: when you realize the picture was a hint :0

haha lmao

remember to vote if you genuinely like what you're reading! not only for this book but for others too, some author's might be encouraged to update if you vote and tell them what they're doing is really good!

just be nice... please :)

also no, this isn't the end. they still need to find out where touya is silly....