◇ NINETEEN □

◇□◇

"How much fun do you wanna bet the kids are having in America?" Natsuo asked, as he sat next to Y/n at his families dining table.

She let out a short puff of air and shook her head with a soft smile on her face, the morning sun only accentuating her already damning features. "You make it sound like they're our kids." she only got a small shrug from the male as a happy grin grew on his soft and pretty face.

"I mean..." he sent a suggestive but overall playful look over to Y/n, who laughed it off and shook her head.

"You're really good at cooking, by the way." she complemented, shoveling her delicious breakfast meal in her mouth. "It's literally perfect!" although she spoke with a mouth full, Natsuo understood.

He smiled at her fondly before speaking, "I'm a chef, Y/n. It's simply what I do.". He got his shoulder shoved and a short laugh from his friend, both of their eyes gleaming as they met. The playful tension seemed to rise as the seconds passed but before anything could happen...

"You two look pretty happy." Fuyumi seemed to purr as she entered the room, a devious smirk playing on her thin lips.

the two turned and while Y/n greeted the older gal kindly with a 'hello', Natsuo groaned and almost flopped backwards. But despite the obvious annoyance from her brother, Fuyumi greeted them both politely as she relaxed.

She leaned on the doorframe, arms crossing as she stood there with her white and red locks tied up in a ponytail. "If you two aren't doing anything today we have a grocery list filled to the brim. Unless either of you would like to clean up around the house?" Natsuo's eyes could have popped out of his head with how fast he was to stare up at his elder sister.

"We'll take shopping." the words were slurred beyond belief but Fuyumi got the drift and nodded, happily exchanging waves with Y/n before prancing off.

"Guess we're going out then, huh?" the girl teased as she finished up her breakfast.

Natsuo groaned and nodded. "Yeah, do you mind driving?".

◇□◇

"I hate parking in store parking lots." Y/n mumbled as they got out, grimacing as she looked down at her choppy parking job. Natsuo came around to her side and looked down at he wheels that where borderline on the paint of the spot.

"Nah, you did better then I ever could if that makes you feel better." he said, getting a nod from Y/n who then smirked.

"I should teach you how to drive." she said, Natsuo gave her a wide eyed stare before rapidly shaking his head.

"Trust me, you don't wanna be in the same car as me when I'm driving." he shivered as Y/n chuckled. "I almost ran over a bush in a graveyard." he whispered, the meek and sad tone made Y/n playfully frown at him.

"Aww, how sad." she commented, earning an eye roll from her friend as they made it to the store doors. Walking in they chatted, looking around and grabbing a cart that Natsuo demand to ride in.

So there they were, Y/n pushing around Natsuo in the cart as he popped pieces of popcorn chicken in his mouth. "I feel like some diva goggles would complete the look." Y/n mused, looking Natsuo up and down while he nodded.

Lifting one hand, sticking out a finger before swirling it in a circle, he said, "To the glasses, my nobel steed.". A small smirk played on his lips as Y/n smiled and shook her head, grabbing something off a nearby shelve and tossing it in the cart before pushing it around and over to the rack of sunglasses.

They wasted time in the most efficient way. Buying diva goggles are definitely a good and smart buy, though they weren't on the shopping list Fuyumi had provided.

They got back on track and finished with absolutely no time to spare, making it back home to find Fuyumi had cleaned the whole house and started lunch.

The two walked in and gazed at the freshly cleaned house and the warm smell of something delicious cooking. Arms full of bags, both young adults struggled to make their way to the kitchen where they barely saved themselves from collapsing by shoving the bags quickly onto the counters.

When they turned they came face to face with Fuyumi, who was once again leaning on a doorframe only this time in they were in the kitchen.

She looked Natsuo in his eyes that were covered by hot pink diva goggles. "I don't even want to know..." she sighed out before looking at the bags and visibly brightening. "Wow, you actually bought what I wanted? Thank you!" she quickly ran up to the bags and started sorting everything, eventually Y/n offered her help and Natsuo begrudgingly joined.

Soon enough Fuyumi let them go and they happily sprinted back to Natsuo's room, both flopping onto his bed as the room filled with giggles.

"This is fun and all, but..." Y/n said, trailing off as she grabbed her laptop from her bag. "I desperately wanna get back to doing research on your brother." she said, near pleading her friend to help her with this little side mystery she willing picked up.

Natsuo tipped his head and let out a small chuckle before cuddling up to Y/n. "I was thinking a movie but figuring out the cause of my maybe dead brothers disappearance sounds like much more fun.".

◇□◇

a/n:     :)

incase anyone doesn't know, i'm pretty sure natsuo is cannonly a good cook and even tried cooking for shoto when fuyumi wasn't around {and rei is in the hospital by this point} but endeavor wouldn't let shoto eat his food because natsuo would over season his dishes... he's the perfect chef for bakugo is what i'm getting at.