◇ TWENTY □

◇□◇

Working on a case till dawn seemed to be something commonly associated with detectives. Y/n had never stayed up past 1:00 working, like yeah, she'd stay up doing nothing while playing on her phone but she'd never work.

She didn't fit the assumption till she delved deep into the question,

What happened to Touya Todoroki?

She felt like she'd gotten closer to the answer after the past few days.

She spent a whole week by Natsuo's side, asking questions, getting answers, doing research on the wide web with him.

They dug and dug, looking, searching, trying their combined best to find the lost boy.

"I'm gonna try and call Hawks' agency to see if we can make an appointment with him." Y/n said, getting a nod from Natsuo as he typed on his computer. She stood and looked outside, the sun had just finished rising and the sky was now a beautiful blue ombre.

She looked up the winged heroes agency number, the front desk popped up first and Y/n pressed call. Her phone rang for a couple minutes before a strangely familiar voice answered.

"Hello, this is Olive speaking then you for calling Hawks agency. Now, what can I do for you?" the woman spoke and Y/n paused for a second, putting the phone on speaker before placing it in the middle of the table her and Natsuo had been sharing.

The boy across from her looked confused but pushed his computer away despite that.

"Hi, I'm Midoryia Y/n and I was wondering if I could schedule an appointment with Hawks." she said, getting straight to the point.

It was silent on the other end for a second or two before Olive spoke up. "Sorry for the wait I just feel like we've met before, haha." Olive laughed it off, Y/n glanced up to Natsuo to see him scribbling on a piece of paper. "So about that meeting you wanted. Hawks has a very busy schedule and it's hard to tell whether or not very one who wants to speak to him is doing so for business matters." Olive said, though both young adults were distracted.

Natsuo passed his note to Y/n who nodded along to his idea as she read what he had written. His idea being that they should tell Olive about them knowing who she is, being friendly with people tends to make them want to help you. Then, they could use Y/n's internship as he cause for the meeting, because technically, it's not a lie.

"Wait, have you ever, and this might sound weird, but have you ever gotten snowed in at a creepy hotel just outside the city?" Y/n asked, completely winging it and hoping she sounded natural and not like she was trying to befriend the lady.

"Oh, oh my lord! Wait, sorry I didn't recognize your voice, haha. Is Natsuo there with you, Y/n?" she asked, Y/n smiled and looked up to Natsuo who grinned.

Hopefully, they'd be able to get Hawks assistance quickly with a little push from Olive. Then, is case could fall wide open.

The call ended with a twenty minute meeting being scheduled at noon the following day. Olive was more then happy to help out the two once she realized who exactly they were.

"That was so much easier then I thought it was gonna be." Natsuo sighed as he stretched, the effects of pulling an all nighter finally catching up with him.

Natsuo yawned as he laid back, Y/n watched him and smiled, rolling her eyes when he groaned dramatically. "You can take a break you know?" she said, amused by her companions flare for the dramatic.

"Oh but I must." he started, hand falling to his forehead to rest there as he sighed once again. "I must continue, Y/n." though his words were jokes, some truths lay hidden between them.

"If you take a nap now you'll be able to work faster later." was all she had to say to get Natsuo up and in his bed.

She chuckled and turned her attention back to her computer, completely willing to continue working before two arms suddenly grabbed her and tossed her onto the bed.

"If I'm napping so are you!" Natsuo said, joining her on the mattress before they both cuddled up under the sheets.

"Ok ok." she giggled quietly as Natsuo fell into a soft slumber quickly, her own eyes falling closed soon after.

◇□◇

Fuyumi walked that halls of the large house, mind absolutely aching due to Shoto and the kids she teaches. Compared to what her little brothers teacher must go through to keep his students safe she's doing the bare minimum. Trying to keep children from stabbing each other with pencils is a hard job.

She had just gotten off the phone with her youngest brother, he told her they were heading back to Japan and that he and his class almost died but that's a norm now so whatever.

She doesn't know exactly what her other brother, Natsuo was up to. She knows Y/n has been staying over and they've been working on something but she hadn't cared enough to ask.

As she made her way down the hall, her eyes caught onto an old bookcase up against the wall. She stopped and looked down at the cabinets at the bottom, crouching down she opened the square doors and looked at the stacks of old photo albums.

Every good memory of the Todoroki family was kept safe and sound in those books. Every outing, every holiday, anytime they spent as a family was photographed.

"I should look though some and bring them to mother. She'd appreciate that." a small, devilish smirk played on Fuyumi's lips. "I could also show Y/n all the embarrassing pictures of Natsuo!". The young adult giggled as she happily grabbed three of the albums before prancing down the hallway.

A new sense of purpose filled her as the childish pull to tease her baby brother bubbled up within her.

She walked to the door of her brothers room, knocking on the door softly before sliding it open. She peeked in, gray eyes softening when she saw her brother and his 'friend' cuddled up on his bed.

She muffled an 'aww~' as to not wake the two up, covering her lips which formed a gleeful smile. She shut the door and shook her head, making her way to her own room to freshen up before starting dinner.

◇□◇

a/n: :/