◇ TWENTY THREE □

◇□◇

Y/n was at work once again, a dreadful day of paper work soon turned to a slow night of typing. She was adding onto her online file of the Touya case, this was the first chance she got so here she is, as focused as she could be while going over everything Endeavor had told her.

She felt terrible. Not for Endeavor, no never, but for the rest of the Todoroki family. Mainly Natsuo.

What she currently had, what she had found out after interviewing Endeavor, made one thought pop up in her little mind that seemed to be good at guessing.

Touya was jealous of Shoto. Plain and simple, he held his fathers attention for so long, going as far to have accidentally stolen said attention from his two younger siblings that had been neglected.

He was the star of the kids, so when Shoto showed up, icy hot quirk and all, his father wanted to give the youngest more of his attention.

The man he had looked up to, the man his world nearly revolved around, this man who he called father and spent all day with, was putting him off because of some new kid.

Touya was shipped off to a school that trained future heroes through torture like conditions, making them stronger by breaking down all their walls.

every emotion spread out, before getting wiped away.

Y/n felt like this wasn't the end of her search, like Touya didn't just cook himself to death because he was told to. He seemed to be the spoiled brat of a top hero, like he'd ever stop and kill himself because some government guard told him to.

Y/n huffed and sighed, flipping the little notepad to the late page she had written on.

"The fire in that image is my own." Endeavor said, gesturing to the picture of a building on fire. "I was there to collect my sons ashes, as I said before, I had grown to be a monster. Fire is purely will and emotion for me, my will drives my quirk. Back then, I wanted nothing more then to set that whole building aflame.".

Y/n recalled the last words Endeavor said to her before she left, he looked absolutely destroyed. She was confused, should she be happy to have made him come near tears? Or should she feel bad for making him relive such an obviously painful part of his life.

She was conflicted and didn't know what to think.

The night passed and she looked forward to the next, Natsuo had told her to meet him a park she used to visit as a kid.

A small smile spread on her lips thinking of the boy, stomach fluttering as his cute happy expression he made when she agreed to meeting him filled her mind.

her lips were close to trembling as she let out a dry laugh, hands coming up to rub her eyes as she crawled into bed.

A dreamy sigh bringing her near sleep as she dozed off, cheeks tinted pink as her mind wondered on the subject of her friend.

◇□◇

"Hey, Y/n!" Natsuo shouted happily as he ran over to her, the other pedestrians of the park much too distracted by what was going on around them to care about a shouting man.

Y/n looked up from her phone to Natsuo, smile already planted on her face after she had heard his voice. "Hey, Natsuo." she said, voice sounding much more clam then she would have liked which confused her.

Why does it matter if she sounds calm or not?

Natsuo chuckled, arms spreading to welcome her with a hug, an offer she took after standing. "Are you ready for today?" he asked as they both pulled away from the hug, smirk gracing his features making Y/n giggle much to his delight.

"Um, yeah?" she cleared her throat and tried to play her hesitation off, mind running laps as she thanked the gods she didn't stutter. "It would be nice to know what we're doing though." she said, eyes trailing around the park while Natsuo stood in front of her.

He laughed, taking her hand in his and swinging their laced fingers back and forth. "Come on, I'll lead the way and all you need to do is calm down alright?" he offered, sending her a playful look as her eyes finally found him after scanning the entire park.

She shrugged, gripping his hand tightly while letting him swinging their arms. "I don't know what you're talking about." she looked the other way, not hearing Natsuo whisper under his breath.

"And to think I should be the one who's nervous." the words were quiet and rushed, much too fast for Y/n to catch.

As they walked the concrete path laid out around the park, they neared the wall of trees that served as the first layer of forest guarding half the park. Y/n's brows furrowed and she didn't think to pull up any sort of memories as Natsuo turned and smiled at her.

"You trust me?" he asked, pink dusting his pale cheeks as they stood near the line of trees just before the deep woods. His heart jumped as Y/n looked at him with wide eyes, mouth opening before a small smirk spread on her lips.

"I trust you enough to share a hotel room with you. If that doesn't speak volumes then I don't know what does." her words were followed by soft laughter on both ends, the two young adults giggling to one another while the sun began to fall.

Sunset was near but the two could be less then concerned as their heartbeats raged and the pink blushes on their cheeks grew, ears burning as they unconsciously laced their fingers together and played with each other's hands.

Lashes batting and lips turning up to shine bright smiles that blinded even the setting sun. They weaved their way through the trees, Natsuo keeping Y/n distracted enough to surprise her when they arrived.

A small clearing of trees dotted with peeking flowers that waved to the two guests as one watched the other with loving eyes.

Y/n stepped forward, Natsuo guiding her as his hand gently nudged the small of her back.

The soft tinkling of water droplets falling down to spread on pebbles filled the air, dancing with the sweet scent of honey and pollen. The sun was near fully set, the treasured golden hour blooming to wash everything it's gold rays touched to a delicate yellow orange shade.

Once almost clear blue water fell and brushed against brown and gray toned rocks as the small creak was fully engulfed in gold light.

"Oh wow..." Y/n began, eyes watering slightly as memories with her family flooded in her head. "Natsuo." though quiet, the boy could hear the gentle call of his name as Y/n turned to him.

His eyes met Y/n's before he stretch one arm out, using it to point at a good sized tent placed off to the side away from the creek but still in the small clearing of trees. "I reached out to the park manager and asked if we could camp out here for a night." he started, snow white cheeks heating up as Y/n stared at him with an emotion filled gaze.

On hand came up to scratch the back of his neck as he continued, "they said it was fine to here we are. I uh, wanted to give you a break from all the work you've been doing. You deserve it more then anyone.". A bashful smile picked up his lips as his eyes met hers, Y/n rushing over to him to tackle him in a hug much tighter then the one they shared before.

Natsuo returned the hug just as tight, hoping he'd never have to let go just before he heard a small sob escape Y/n. He squeezed her once more before pulling away, face dripping to concern as he began to wip away tears falling from the girls eyes. "Hey, come on, are you alright? Do you need anything or was that all too much?" his voice was soft but rushed, wanting to calm her as fast as he could.

Y/n shook her head, weak mumbles of appreciation tumbling from her plush lips as they stood arms wrapped around one another. "I'm alright, I just got kinda overwhelmed I guess, sorry." Natsuo brushed a hand through her hair, smiling at her with trembling lips much like she was doing to him.

"Don't apologize, you're good, alright? Do you wanna sit down?" he asked, still concerned as his mind did flips on what he should do.

Or whether or not he should do a certain thing.

More like ask a certain question.

◇□◇

a/n: i was gonna finish it completely but i decided to be an ass instead...

love you ;)