◇ EIGHTEEN □

◇□◇

"Oh, this?" Y/n asked, turning to meet Natsuo's gray eyes. His head tilted and he smiled softly, expression welcoming and accepting. "It's my current research on your brother. I was honestly just thinking about how to bring it up..." Y/n gave Natsuo a sheepish smile and he sat down next to her on the bed.

"I don't mind talking about it. I get that you... know it's a sensitive subject for me but..." he placed a hand on one of Y/n's, "i know you well enough to trust you're not trying to hurt me.". He smiled and nudged her, eyes looking back to the screen.

She nodded and smiled to herself, hands moving to the laptop pad. "I wanted to ask a couple questions but if any make you uncomfortable or if you just rather not answer that's fine. Just remember they could help a ton. First things first, do you know what school Touya went to?" y/n asked, ready to type down whatever her friend said.

"He went to some prestigious academy for kids with powerful quirks. I think it was still in the works though, visitors weren't allowed and I'm pretty sure it was ran by some government branch." Natsuo said, looking away as he recalled some memories.

"Probably the official hero association or whatever they're called. They basically just keep tabs on heroes so developing a school made for molding kids into future heroes makes sense." the two babbled on, Y/n getting the answers she needed for the case.

"Did he have any friends come over?" she asked.

"Yeah, Hawks went to school with him. I only saw him a couple times when we were kids and after Touya died he never came over." Natsuo replied.

"Did he die in a fire?".

There was a short pause before anyone spoke. "That's what we were told. Apparently, they were having this visitation day so parents could come in and see how much their child had improved." Natsuo sighed and shook his head. "It was about a month or so after Endeavor locked my mom up in the hospital. Touya probably found out and was furious." he stayed silent and Y/n looked over to him.

Natsuo sat, eyes glazed over with a far off look in his eyes. His vision blurred slightly before he rubbed at his eyes with his hands, Y/n patting his back while she let him take a moment.

"We can stop." she offered.

"No." he shook his head, offering the girl a small and feeble smile. "I need to do this, for Touya.".

The day seemed to quickly set into night, the little bit of natural light used as ambiance for the room. The warm, golden glow, made it feel like time had stopped as the two talked nonsense till midnight.

They'd been asking and answering so many questions and the air had been tense and serious for so long they needed a break.

So talking about lighthearted moments as a kid it was.

"One time when Touya came home our mom let him chose whatever he wanted to do and we'd all go out as a family, except for Endeavor." Natsuo started off, a fond expression washing away his once cold stare. "For some reason, he chose the park nearby our home. The one with tons of geese, ducks, and at the time a huge swan everyone called Hera.

Our mom absolutely loved the sawn, Touya tried feeding her but she was kinda a prick. But she always let our mom feed her, she'd let Shoto sometimes but not often. I think Touya might have been kinda jealous but we were kids so whatever.

anyways, so we'd been playing at the park for like a couple minutes or whatever and all the sudden this ked we'd never seen before just descends from the sky and I'm like, 'Welp guess we're dead.', but then Touya's all like, 'what do you want birdbrain?' and I swear I could've fainted!" the short tale of how the todoroki kids first met child hawks was cute and with Natsuo's personality the story was overall more enjoyable.

"fuyumi straight up said, 'you look like the offspring of a mutated chicken', and I think that's a good quote to describe her as a kid. shoto was pretty quiet and was napping most of the time, he wasn't really good at socializing with other kids but honestly same." Natsuo went on to get up and physically demonstrate an extremely high stakes game of soccer he and the rest of the kids had.

"So pretty much, I dived for the ball, got covered in mud. My team didn't even win, and there I was! Sticky, uncomfortable, and nasty!" his voice pitch got higher and squeakier as he spoke, much to Y/n's amusement.

"Sounds fun, and I'm guessing they laughed?" Y/n asked from her relaxed spot on the bed. Natsuo groaned and threw his hands up.

"They all just laughed." he said weakly, Y/n's soft chuckles cheered him up the slightest bit though.

"One time, when I was like five, my dad brought me to this pond close to our home and we probably sat out there for hours. We always had picnics and I'd bring my friends out there on the weekends. The first time my mom came out with Izuku she told me it was where my dad had brought her on their first date.

She said he'd been so charming the whole day and that when they went out there she told herself he was simply a romantic. But then, two years later he proposed to her right there, where he took her on their first date." Y/n reminisced on one of the happiest memories she has of her family being together. A sad, melancholy smile pulled at her lips as she closed her eyes. "Kinda wish I never left. It wouldn't have helped my dad but I'd be closer to my mom and brother.".

They both sat in silence, wishing for things to have been different for both during their childhoods.

"What if we both had like, perfect childhoods? Do you think we'd know each other?" Natsuo asked, sitting next to Y/n's head as she looked up at him.

"Not gonna lie, if I had a happy childhood I would probably be in business school right now." she said, cracking a lopsided grin. "Which I much rather be here with you then study graphs and trends in the business world." Natsuo smiled down at her and nodded, a confident grin spread as he thought more and more.

"Yeah, you're right. What do you think I would be if I wasn't neglected and traumatized?" he asked with a bit too much excitement, getting Y/n to let out a puff of air due to amusement.

"I mean, I don't know? Do you think you'd be a hero?" she asked getting a gasp from Natsuo.

He laughed heartily, his side grin spreading causing his cheeks to turn pink. "What if I was a hero! Ew, I hate it!" he dissolved into giggles that were encouraged by Y/n's own laughter that filled the room. He fell back onto his bed as they both cooled down, eventually peeking up at each other at the same time only for more giggling to ensue.

"I mean, if he didn't neglect you guys that'd mean he wouldn't push for Shoto to be a hero. Oh, wait!" Y/n's sudden realization caused her to sit up and look over to Natsuo who seemed slightly spooked. "That would mean he wouldn't have kids to succeed him so would he had even and any of you? He surely wouldn't have married your mother, right?" the question seemed to have opened Natsuo's third eye as he laid there stunned.

"I'm convulsing.".

◇□◇

a/n: when the depression hits... boom clap the sound of your heart na na na na na na