Chapter Nine

I was hungry by the time we got to the little café that JK was talking about, it wasn't that long of a walk but because we spend about an hour and a half sat by the little lake, but it felt like longer.

JK smiled at the elderly man behind the counter as we went inside.

"Jungkook! Lovely to see you again!" The man said, with a friendly smile. He glanced down to me with a smile also, which I returned.

"And you, Stephen" JK replied with perfect English.

"Your usual? And what would this beautiful lady like?" He asked, looking down at me.

My cheeks were warm as I smiled, and without realising I stepped into JK, wrapping my free arm around his bicep, with our hands still in one another's. I glanced up at him with a shy smile, and his was beaming down at me.

"Choose what you want, Clari" he encouraged.

The two men had a little chat while we ordered. JK struggled a little sometimes with the english, but the man was so patient, and completely understood what JK was saying, or even pointing at sometimes on the menu.

I was admiring the pastries on the counter.

"Did you make these?" I asked the man, Stephen as he came over to me.

He nodded, grinning, "I like to think of myself as a amateur chef"

I chuckled, and I could feel JK standing behind me, his chest was very close to my back as he bought one hand up, and held onto the top of my arm lightly.

JK reached past me holding out his card to Stephen, who nodded as he took it, putting it into the machine and passing it back to JK.

JK put both arms around me, pressing me back into his chest as he pushed the buttons on the machine in front of me, and passed it back.

I turned my head and looked up at him, as he leant back slightly, "That was to trusting" I teased, from our conversation earlier.

He chuckled, and one of his hands came up and cupped my chin with his thumb and index finger, "Don't rob me"

"I'll try my hardest not to" I winked at him, which made him clear his throat with wide eyes.

We settled down on a small table. Our knees were touching under the table, and we settled with both of my knees inside of his, he opened his hands towards me, putting his palms upwards.

I smiled as I put my hands inside of his, and he ran his thumb over the soft skin on the back of my hands.

"Do you have any other tattoos?" I asked, think about the ones on his hands.

He grinned, "on my arm"

"You rebel" I teased.

He chuckled, showing me his perfect wrinkle nosed smile.

"Do you plan on having any more?" I asked.

He shrugged, "I can be a little impulsive, so no idea. But most likely"

I smiled, looking down at our hands on top of the table.

"Maybe I should get a rose" he said after a minute, making me glance up and him quickly, raising an eyebrow.

He was holding back a smile, watching my reaction.

"Maybe you should" I said back, now it was my turn to watch him, as he grinned, shaking his head beginning to chuckle.

Stephen made us brake apart as he came over with a coffee for me, and a large glass of Diet Coke for JK with ice in it.

He put a tray down with our sandwiches, and I widened my eyes, they were full to the brim.

We ate while chatting. It was so natural, and I loved learning things about his hopes, wishes, and what his past was.

"Oh wow it's already 5 o'clock" JK muttered, looking at his phone a short while later.

I smiled.

"Shall we start walking back?" He asked as he tided up the table, I nodded as I stood up, grabbing a tray to put the dishes on, I walked it back over to Stephen who was smiling at me at the counter.

"You didn't need to do that" he smiled.

"It's no problem" I replied.

"He's head over heels with you, you know that right? He looks the same way at you, the way I looked at my wife" he said quietly.

I glanced over at JK at the table, he was getting his camera out of his rucksack.

"I feel the same way" I smiled, still looking at him.

As I turned back to the counter, he gave me a gentle smile, but it was like he was thinking of something else.

"How long have you been married?" I asked.

"We were together around forty years before she passed" he said gently.

A strange feeling pressed at my chest, as I couldn't help the burrow of my eyebrows looking at Stephen.

"I'm so sorry" I breathed, feeling so much empathy towards him.

He gave me a sad smile, "it's ok, I've got all the memories" he said as he tapped as his temple.

I gave him a small nod.

JK came over then, slipping his hand into mine, "ready?"

We said goodbye to Stephen who gave us a bright smile as we walked out of the café.

We chatted for a little while before we arrived at the lake.

"Can you go and stand by the lake for me?" JK asked as I let go off his hand.

I smiled and done so, I could hear the camera clicking from behind me.

"A hobby of yours?" I asked, keeping looking at the lake.

"Yeah, I've got loads of albums full on my laptop" he muttered.

I turned my head to look at him a little, and smiled as I saw the camera in front of his face, clicking away.

He then walked over a little, and looped his arms over my head, pulling me into his chest. I rested my hands on his arms as he tilted his head against mine.

"Smile" he said, and I done so, looking at the camera that was faced towards us, and then I turned my head to look up at him, and he glanced down at me with a small smile, and I giggled as he continued to click away.

                                       -♕-

Double update coming! 💜