Chapter Forty-Three

The next week flew by, I was quite busy with a handful of photoshoots, and JK had began recording his vocals for songs for the next album.

By the time I got home Monday evening, we were both quite tired from also working through the weekend. JK was yawning next to me on the sofa. We were in our smaller living room we only used when it was the both of us, it felt a lot cosier. I got up, walking out of the room that was by the front door, and past the stairs on my right before going into the pantry door.

I picked up a few snacks for us, and then went into the kitchen from the pantry, grabbing some fruit juice for us. When I came back into the living room, JK was laughing at a kdrama we were binge watching.

He gave me a grin as I passed him the food before going under the blanket that he pulled back for me.

As we watched the show, a woman was in a room with a handful of puppies, and I heard JK's little sigh as he stared at the screen with me.

"I want a dog" JK muttered.

I turned my head to look at him as I put the lid back on my fruit juice.

"Me too" I answered.

His eyes lit up as he sat up, "Really? When?"

I rose an eyebrow, "Well we would need to look at our schedules to see when we have enough time to spare to make sure somebody is home with the puppy for a good while. But I know my Mom and Nan would love to look after them as well" I breathed out.

"I love how thoughtful you are, you always make me see sense rather than just jumping the gun" he smiled.

"Made for each other, you see" I said playfully, giving him a wink.

He chuckled, "you aren't wrong"

"What breed?" I asked.

"I don't want a small dog, I've always preferred the bigger ones that I can play around with more" he replied.

I smiled, imagining the picture of him and JK paying around on the beach just down from our garden, "my parent's got a Labrador Retriever a while before they had me. She was a yellow lab, and from what I can remember of her she was the sweetest thing. My Dad told me that she used to just lay by my cot and followed me around when I started to walk"

JK stared at me, and pouted his lips, "I want that for our kids"

He really was speaking about kids a lot more these days, only passing comments when it was something like this, and it always warmed my heart.

"Yeah, she was great. Dotty she was called, she died when I was about seven, I can't remember a lot but only little memories of her you know? And the pictures my parents took" I said with a smile.

JK looked thoughtful for a second, "I can imagine a little lab puppy," and then patted at the small space in between our sides since I was sat up, "right there"

"Stop it, you are so cute" I said shaking my head.

He gave me a grin, his nose wrinkling.

I grabbed my phone.

As I looked through the calendar, I saw the days that I marked off for the surprise trip that JK had planned, and still hadn't slipped up with telling me about it.

I could always text Emma to give me an easy few weeks after that, I could take any meetings over the phone, and JK would start having more free afternoon's after the recording session's would end by then.

"Really, we could do after the trip you are keeping secret" I muttered.

At the mention of the getaway, I saw JK look just ever so slightly panicked, and I wondered if it was because he had to watch his words in case he said something about it.