Chapter Forty

It was late afternoon, I had just gotten back from my meetings all morning. I was sitting on a lounger, listening to the sounds of the distant waves from the beach when my phone started ringing.

"Clari?" Emma breathed out quickly as soon as I picked up, I didn't like that tone of voice, and my stomach sunk as I sat up.

"What?" I replied.

"You are trending number one on twitter" she said slowly.

I curled up a lip, confused, "Why?"

She was silent for a few seconds, "I'll send you the video that's going around on twitter, and screenshots in the threads" she muttered.

"Right... ok" I said, as she put the phone down.

Instantly the link came through.

My blood went cold, an ice cold flush happened around my eyes, and I shot up out of the chair, almost tripping over the bottom of it as I stood up.

Jungkook phone screen saver?
The text reads on the screen –

And then it had a picture of a zoomed in photo JK's phone in his hand, that was tilted towards the camera, in what looked like a V-live screen shot.

My Clari Rose
Yeah I'm home baby. The traffic was mad x

I had only texted him about five minutes ago.

And then if that wasn't obvious enough, the background picture was one of me, asleep in our large white bed, hair sprawled behind me.

V-live? Surely the staff would have seen that they are trending right now? I quickly went onto my V-live app, seeing that they were still live, and my heart dropped.

I watched as JK was doing some sort of arts and crafts with Tae, they were both humming along to music. I couldn't see JK's phone anymore, it would be useless to ring now because he has it on silent when he does any live things like things, which is exactly why he probably hasn't seen my message.

And then not even a few seconds later, both of them looked up at the same time, looking very confused, glancing at the left of the room, and to what seemed more towards the camera.

I physically winced when I saw the look of realisation on JK's face as Tae's head snapped to him.

JK's eyes went so wide, and full of what seemed like fear, it was so hurtful to see, and then the live ended, we had a black screen.

I immediately went to ring him, biting my lip as he was taking to long to answer.

When he didn't answer, I sighed tilted my head up towards the sky. My heart was going so fast, I took a few breaths to calm down, which was useless as my phone started ringing.

"Kookie?" I breathed.

"I'm so sorry, baby" he said, I could feel how worked up he was.

I shook my head, "It's not me I'm worried about, you know I'm fine"

My career wouldn't be affected by this. None of us knew what the reception of announcing in any form that me and JK were in a relationship, and even living together and had been for well over six months, would be.

But it wasn't exactly a risk any of the group wanted to find out, and I didn't mind at all the fact that he wanted our relationship to be private, all of our private life was private for a reason.

"Can you come to the company? We are having a meeting" he muttered out, I could hear how lifeless his voice was.

"I'll be there soon baby" I said.