Chapter 2

I gasped and sat up into my bed after another nightmare came to visit me once again. This was the third night about me fighting demons and I'm now questioning it for a meaning.
I rubbed my eyes as I got dressed and left the house in a hurry. I didnt want to go to school today so I walked downtown towards the shops to goof off. As I walked by a blacksmith shop I froze and backed up and stood infront of the window that was displaying all sorts of weaponry, different types of machetes and knives but the one weapon that caught my eye made my body go ridged and run cold.
There sat the sword I had in my nightmares.

Without thinking I walked into the dark shop, the walls were dark navy color and the dimmed lights made it historian. As I made my way to the counter the buisness man greeted me
"How may I help you kid?" He asked, his breath smelled strongly of smoke as if he smoked five packs of cigarettes in one day. He was bald but had a short beard, he didn't have a smile so I decided not to give him one either; I knew he wouldn't be kind so I got to the point.
"How much for that sword in the window?"
He glaced over at where I pointed, then went around the counter to retrieve it. Holding the mesmerizing weapon within his hands, he pulled the tag up to see the price.
"$150," He told me and I let my breath go, it was affordable though I didnt have any money on me at the moment. I looked back at him once more.
Sencing that I wouldn't by anything, " are you going to buy it, if not, I am not gonna waste anymore time."
"I will get the money, just don't have it on me at the moment."
I gave a nod, before I turn to exit the building and go straight home to sneek in and out to buy the weapon that was in my dreams, assuming it will give me a clue of what it all means.

When I got home I cursed at myself.
My parents were still home.
I walked to the other side of my house and was glad the rope was still tied to the roof, I gripped it and tugged to make sure it was stable. When it didn't loosen I gripped it with my hands and put my feet on the side of the house, beginning to climb towards my bedroom on the third floor.
When I reached my window, I sat on the tree branch to keep my balance as I struggled to open it. When I finally opened it, I crawled inside into my pitch black bedroom. I scavenged for the light and went to my closet to retrieve a box I hid.
Opening the box of my savings I pulled out $200 and put the box back where it was.
I go to the window to peacefully exit til I heard a crash downstairs. I looked at my bedroom door frozen as I was halfway out the window. Waiting, to see what else brings. Hearing my mom muttered to herself and glass being picked up I sighed and go to move out, before I closed the window I heard my dad laughing saying how clumsy my mom was.
Climbing down the rope was a little harder, I had forgotten how hard it was as it has been so long. Gripping tighter on the rope I try so hard not to fall three stories high. When I finally reached the bottom, I wiped my hands on my jeans, then started making my way towards the blacksmith shop once again.

When the bell rung over my head as I entered the shop, the man looked up surprised.
"I didn't think you would show again," he says and goes to retrieve my valuable nightmare influenced sword.
"Of course," I say as he is now back behind the counter typing the amount into the register.
"That'll be $160 after taxes," He confirmed and I handed him cash.
"Could I ask why a young girl as yourself would need a sword?"
"Decorations," I lied," and safety," I added half true though the fact of my nightmares might be true.
He put the sword into a case before gentally putting it into my hands.
"It is not a toy, be very careful with this weapon," He told me cautiously. I gave a nod and turn to walk out the store, thanking him before I go.

I went straight home, this time through the front door. It was now two o clock when I walked in and my parents were in the livingroom. They didnt acknowledge me, they never have. I told them I'm going to study in my room, though as always they waved at me muttering okay as they never looked away from the tv.
As I entered the room, I gentally put the case onto my bed, my fingers trailed the smooth leather of the case before freezing the motion hovering over the locks. I took a deep breath and open the case to reveal the beautiful sword that haunts my nightmares.
My hand slowly hovers the handle, then letting my fingers trail the smooth golden silver colored design, before I grasped it and gasped as an electric waves went through my view and images coursed my vision.