Chapter 16

"Felix...." I breathed out in shock thats barely audible as I saw him below me.
    He shook his head and goes for the door and I slipped through the bars and ran after him.
    "Felix!" I called after him, though he wouldn't  listen. "Felix stop!" I yelled and I see him tence when he stopped twenty feet ahead. He didnt turn around to face me as I now stood breathlessly  behind him, tears threatening to escape my eyes.
    "Felix please," I begged.
    "Why didnt you tell me you ..." he couldnt finish the sentence and shook his head. "Unbelievable, " he says as he turned and faced me with hatred in his expression. Just seeing him like this tears now ran down my face.
   "Do you like him?"
    " w-what, n-" I couldnt get the words out  as it was a sudden question I wasnt expecting at all, and he shook his head again, turned and walked away, "no! Felix STOP," I screamed as I ran and grabbed his arm and he turned around.
   "What?!" He spat.
   I stared at him pleadingly, "don't  leave me," I cried and he just shook his head.
    "I can't  Laina."
    "Why not!"
    "Because.."
    "Because what," I asked softly, he was several feet ahead of me. I didnt want to lose my best friend, we been through alot together in the past month and a week.
    "Felix, I-," I began but froze as Felix went to me quickly, grabbing my face and kissed me hard.
    I just froze there, out of fucking shock, I didn't  kiss back.
   He slowly backed away and then kissed me once more but softly this time, like he knew the first shocked me and I kissed back. I shut my eyes and we kissed for several minutes til he backed up.
    "Master can kill me for touching his prized possession but at least you now know," He whispered, then ducked into a room. Leaving me frozen in place, I opened my eyes and my fingers swept over my lips. No smile came to the kiss, no thought came to my mind as I stood shocked. With my hands at my side, I walked to my room and shut the door behind me before I locked it.

   I stayed in my room for several days, I didnt let anyone in. I lay with my back on the windowsil, peering out into the horizon  and watched the city of hell day and night.
    A knock came at the door, and I ignored it.
   "Laina?" Luce asked.
    "Go away Luce," I say quietly, I was upset. Its not like I enjoyed Felix's  kiss, it was because if something happens to him, I'm  held responsible.  Luce would find out no matter what and I'm  depending if I should tell him or not but it isn't  his business  right? But Felix is his commander though...
    "Open the door, Laina," he was quiet and patient behind the door.
    "I want to be alone," I whispered.
    "I'll  break the door off the hinges, " Luce told me and I sighed and got up. When I opened the door he looked me over and froze when his gaze stopped at my face, which is tearstained and red.
    "What happened?"
    "Nothing."
    "Was it because I made you purposly lose a fight?"
     " No," I assured him as I curled into a ball under the covers. He came over shutting the door behind him and sat down beside me.
    "Why are you upset?"
    I felt his hand on my back over the blanket and I let out a sigh and sat up.
    "Whats wrong with me?"
    His eyebrows pulled together confused.
     "Like I didnt even react, like not really, but my body acted like it was nothing!" I exclaimed and he continued  to look at me confused as he was lost with what I'm  saying.
    "Ugh!" I groaned and balled up once again feeling useless. I had my first kiss and it wasnt special at all, no tingles, no sparks, no magic, absolutely  nothing!
    "I have no idea what your talking about, please elaberate..." he whispered and I sat up again, my hair covering half my face and I then looked over at him.
   Luce was looking at me listening, waiting for me to tell him though I keep hesitating for Felix's  safety
  "Tell me what happened," Luce muttered after like three minutes and I sighed looking down, then looked back up at him. What am I expecting from him? Like he likes me also? Its not like he's  going to go insane. Though he might get onto Felix for stepping over boundaries but thats it right?
    In a very low whisper I managed to say, "Felix kissed me..."