Chapter 6

I'm  now screaming in pain, Lilly didn't  let go not even for a second, though I knew she wanted to stop by her facial expression  seeming in pain, but her wanting to help me has become her goal. She continued the ritual and my body shook as I felt my evil self smile and collided with me. I gasped loudly and Lilly then took her hands off, breathing heavy herself.
   "Did it work, are you okay?" She was now infront of me and glanced at her and smile a painful little smile and a nod of my head.
   She smiled and goes to get a wet rag, the rag was cool as she lay it on my head.
    "I'm  so glad," she says and I just slumped in my chair. Usually I thought theres only one, the pure and the evil. But guessing being this so called huntress it seperates you both to find yourself. I put a hand to my head and groaned loudly as it began to throb.
    "Yes, you should take it easy for a few days," she says," you can stay here if you are alright with that, I could prepare the guest room?" I gave another nod.
    "Thank you," I say and she turned in surprise  and smiled.
    "My pleasure my newly found friend," she says and I couldnt help the smile that spred on my face.

   The next morning the throbbing headache was still aching and I sat at Lilly's  kitchen table with my hands on my head. I groan in pain as she walked in and she mutters sorry towards me. I then looked up at her.
   "At least you're  the first that survived it," I nod assured by her words.
    "Lilly you are a great friend even though I just met you a couple days ago," I whispered making her smile.
    "It'll  get worse," she says and I looked up," the hunting, Hendrick got worse, told me he can see the trails of the supernatural  before he catches them and kills them without questioning their authority. Though I  am glad you stopped yourself before your other half got the best of you, came into everything just in time though I was afraid that you could've  caused me death," she fixed a cup of coffee for herself and I and I just wrapped my hands around the mug.
     "I don't  know how my life turned to this, it all started with nightmares and all of a sudden I touched this certain sword and started seeing people glow that weren't  human," I muttered before taking a sip.
    "Your humanity is still intact, so it should not get worse or out of control for you."
     "So who is Hendrick, was he like me? Just finding you out of no where?"
    Lilly shook her head with a sad look upon her face, " While human, he was the love of my life as I met him in 1898, he was such a gentleman, and very handsome, I honestly was surprised he chose me out of all the girls whom threw themselves at him," she gave a light chuckle holding her mug and continued," the so called nightmares began, like you except his weapons were daggers, he began to see people glow before he seeing the glowing trails that leads to the creatures so that he could never lose sight of them. His personality changed drastically and I knew that he turned evil at that moment from his actions... then one day he stared at me... I asked him what? And he just shook as he stared, saying that I was glowing. He got to the point of the Hunter where he can see through the glamour before he died. So when I asked him whats wrong he told me that ,and I just froze, like how can a human figure out I was a witch right?" She laughed once more shakingly.
    "So, as I stood infront of him I realized that his body was shaking as his hands were hovering his weapons at his sides. I noticed and Knocked him out as I shoved him against fhe wall with the force of my powers. Hentrick was knocked out for serveral hours as I tried to merge his personality  together...." she trailed off looking at her coffee," ... then he woke up, his evil self was over powering him and he took his daggers out without hesitation and through them at me, thankfully hit the wall behind me as I moved out of shock. I casted a spell and  knocked him out once again , straping him down this time. Tried again but realized his human self was then gone... and I killed him, I shut his brain down and being the main organ, it shut him down and he was dead in a matter of minutes..." as she finished I stared with tear filled eyes, my mouth agaped.
    "You killed your true love?"
    She nodded, crying as well.
    "I'm  so sorry,"I say as she wiped her face with the back of her hand then forced a smile onto her face.
    "That's  alright love, at least you managed through so now your not a killing machine," she says and I smiled lazily back thanking her once more.
    She was surprised as I lay a hand on top of hers and we sat there, assuring to each other that were together no matter what and that I am there for her.

    As the hours went by I just lie on to the couch, Lilly walks towards the restroom and then seeing the glow extending.
   "Your glow is starting to become a trail," I tell her letting her know and she stopped in her tracks.
    "Thanks for updating, please, dont hesitate to tell me new things it's  best if I do know," she told me giving me a slight smile, I do the same and gave her a nod.
    I sat up and grabbed my sword, twisting it in my hands admiring the unique designs on the handle and blade. When Lilly came back in she saw the sword and sat down beside me.
    "May I see?"
    I lay it in her hands only to have her seizing in pain and dropping the sword to the floor.
    "What happened?!"
    I saw her hands start to blister," it burned me, I'm  fine," she assured me as I grasped the blade again and she just looks over it instead. "Guess only its owner is allowed to touch it, it seems it only responds to you Laina," she told me.
    "You say it like it has feelings," I laughed.
    "Sortof, when someone else has it is just a normal sword to them, but when you got it, did you feel any power coming off it?" She asked and I nodded," yes, so you brought it back to life by your touch, nobody can touch your weapon because of these ruins on the sword," she pointed at the designs without touching and I stared at my weapon beautifully,"which humans cannot see the ruins at all."
    In my dreams, I fought  weird furry creatures, like demons, but so far it seemed I am only finding human formed supernaturals..." I whispered.
    She gawked at me.
    "What?"
    "I heard about something like that, rumors or a prophecy  of some sort... like you're  the chosen one Laina, and the creatures you described are the creatures from hell."