Chapter 23

I had some backlash from Felix as I walked to my room. Dani already said goodnight to me after congratulating me.
   "Felix, please, I'm  tired," I begged as I reached my door.
    "Why Lucifer, Laina," he mutters.
    "Its our destiny,  Felix, plus I love him, you have nothing to say to change it," I told him as I went into my room ," goodnight, Felix," I say before I shut the door.
    I walked over to the windowsil where the book lie and I sat down to read some more.
   Couple hours later when I reached the middle of the book a topic caught my attention.

    The chosen one's  eyes changes color along with other symptoms to create hints for the impossible.

    I furrowed my eyes and reread that before continueing reaching the next page.
    Unlike humans, symptoms  presume of need to kill, wild emotions, cravings of strange foods, overwhelming and uncontrolled powers....

    Where is this going?
    I turned another page and my heart sank tremendously.
    No it can't  be!!!
    Tears started to roam down my face and I tossed the book across the room and folded my arms across my knees as its against my chest and I cried and cried.

    I can't  be pregnant...

    I refused to sleep that night. I walked the hallways without interacting to anyone. No eye contact, no anything, as I walked just so noone would come to my room begging me to get out of bed. Every now and then tears would fall from my eyes.
    When I enter my room,I leaned my back against the door and slid down to where I am now sitting on the floor.
    Maybe I'm  not pregnant, maybe its all in my head.
    I laughed, I freaking laughed in the mere silence that engulfed  me. My door tried to open that followed a knock but with my back against the door I didnt let them it.
    "Laina?" Dani asked," are you okay?" I moved enough so she can get through and she sat with me on the floor.
    "No," I simply say.
    "Whats wrong, you can tell me anything," she told me.
    I took a deep breath when I looked at her, preparing for the blow that what I say she would freak out. So I just went over and grabbed the book and sat back down beside her. I flipped through page after page til I found it and gave it to her.
    She looked at me confused til she looked down to read it.
    She looked at me with a gasp as she finished.
    "Are you?... Did you ... did you have sex with Lucifer?!" She questions the last part in a very hushed tone. I nodded while I looked down feeling defeated.
     "Oh my... what are you going to do? Are you going to tell him?"
     I shrugged, " until I show... I'm  going to deny that I am, because I don't  believe it Dani, I dont believe that I am," I started crying when I faced her. I broke infront of her and it was a side of me I NEVER show anyone. I was scared. I was only eighteen and if I am pregnant, I surely wasn't  ready to be a mother.
    Dani wrapped her arm around me soothing me as she let me cry on her shoulder.