3 Hunters POV

Hunter

I had a huge argument with Kevin this morning. He was angry, saying I was flirting too much with Sara. Sara was my brother Kevin's girlfriend.

I was mad at the accusation, but mostly that he noticed. I loved her way more than he did anyway. I just hadn't told her that.

She came over that evening, and the two of them were all over each other. I had to get out of there for a while. She should be my girl. Not all over my brother.

I drove to the club. I had to get her out of my mind.

I was sitting at the bar throwing back my fifth shot when I saw her walk in.

She was the most attractive woman I had ever seen. And I've seen many women in my time. The dress she was wearing showed off all her curves. And they were all in the right places. It was long and black with a large split up the side and low-cut, which left little to the imagination.

Lord, I would love to be pulling on that long hair of hers. Her eyes were the most beautiful shade of emerald green.

Her friend instantly left her as soon as they walked through the door. And I could see those eyes searching for what to do next.

She had looked so timid and nervous. Yet there was something about her that looked determined and strong as well. I just couldn't put my finger on it. I had to get to know her.

She got a seat right by me and ordered a sex on the beach of all things. It struck me as strange, not a usual drink, for a woman out on the town.

I thought to myself she would work perfectly to get my mind off of Sara.

She laid her head back and closed her eyes like she was dreaming of being anywhere but here right now.

"Dreaming of paradise beautiful?" I asked her.

Her sharp green eyes turned to me. I felt as if they were burning a hole right through me.

"Excuse me?" She replied, looking confused. "Do I know you?"

"I'm Hunter Rosemont, and your name gorgeous?" She looked as though she recognized my name.

"My name is Caitlin." She replied. "My friends call me Katie." Her voice sounded so soft and young.

"How old are you, Katie?" I asked, unsure of her age by the sound of her voice.

"Old enough to be here!" She shot back at me. No longer sounding timid. Good enough, answer for me, I guess.

I needed her and wanted her now. I instantly thought of several things to do with that smart mouth of hers. I needed a toy to get Sara off my mind. She will be a perfect distraction.

I got close to her and looked her strongly in the eyes. She looked shocked. I knew I could persuade her.

I said, "Let's get out of here and go somewhere alone together." Knowing there was no way she could deny my persuasion, she would have to go.

"Absolutely not!" She replied. "I don't even know you."

Now I was shocked. My persuasion abilities didn't work on her. Was she on valarian's root? If she was, she must know about vampires? Yet she didn't look afraid, just shocked.

"Sorry to sound so forward gorgeous. But we can get to know one another." I came up with.

Again, she looked like a deer in headlights. Yet I also saw a hint of excitement in her eyes.

"I'll pass." She replied and got up and walked away. She left me staring after her.

I watched her laugh and dance with her friend for the rest of the night. I couldn't take my eyes off of her. Then I caught her friend alone toward the end of the night and persuaded her to give me a little bit of information on her. I barely got her full name and phone number before Caitlin yelled "Casey it's time to go home."

Afterward, I followed them home. Imagine my surprise to see, of all towns, they lived in Cumberland. The same town I live in.