The Log Cabin

A week later...

Sally's Pov:

"I'M DREAMING OF A WHITE CHRISTMAS," Ansel sings as he walks into my apartment.

"JUST LIKE THE ONES I USED TO KNOW!" I join in.

"Look, we aren't gonna get a reenactment of White Christmas are we?" Lucy asks.

"Yeah, as much as I like both of your singing, I really don't wanna hear it today." Maddy sighs.

"What's up?" I ask Maddy.

"I can't get home for Christmas, my flight was cancelled because of the snow storm. And both Lawrence and Lydia were gonna be home this year." Maddy explains.

Lawrence and Lydia are Maddy's brother and sister. I know that Maddy loves living in New York but I can tell she struggles with not seeing her family.

"It's okay, Lucy and I are staying here anyway. We'll have our own little Christmas!" I say.

"Yeah! I'll make Christmas dinner and we can watch Christmas television!" Lucy smiles.

"What about you Ansel, what are you doing this Christmas?" Maddy asks turning to look at Ansel.

"Me and my brother, Warren, were gonna go up to our Dads cabin up north. We were gonna invite Levi and Alex too." Ansel says making himself a cup of tea.

"Aww, you're taking Levi?" Lucy moans.

"What's going on with you two anyway, are you together or what?" Maddy asks.

"Yeah." I agree.

"I guess we are." Lucy blushes. "But hey Maddy, you and Alex, ayy?"

"Noo, we're just friends." Maddy smiles.

"Mmm, just friends, I've heard that one before." I smirk.

"I know, how about you and.." Lucy jerks her head back, in a gesture to Ansel.

"Just friends." I say, forgetting what I literally just said.

"Oh, where have I heard that before?" Maddy laughs.

I laugh.

Ansel walks back in with a cup of tea, "You guys could probably come too?"

"Really?" I ask him.

"Yeah sure." Ansel says sitting in the spinny chair.

"Thanks Ansel. When are you leaving?" Lucy asks.

Ansel checks his watch, "After I've finished this cup of tea."

"Let's pack team." Lucy says jumping to her feet.

Maddy and I grin and follow her to go pack.

By the time we have finished packing, Levi and Alex are sat on our sofa with Ansel.

"Ready, turtles?" Alex asks, standing up.

"Turtles?!" Lucy questions, laughing. Everyone laughs.

"Yeah, they're slow." Alex says with a confused face.

"No, Alex, that's tortoises, you idiot!" Maddy laughs

"Ohh yeah. Well, that wasn't embarrassing." Alex goes red.

"Don't worry Dude," Ansel puts his arm round him, "We've all been there."

Alex nods.

"Let's go put your stuff in the car." Levi says, grabbing Lucy's hand.

"Aww." Ansel smirks.

"Shut up Ansel you little prick." Levi says playfully.

"Oop. Someone's a little feisty today!" Ansel grins.

Levi punches him lightly on the arm.

Everyone leaves and I'm left alone in the apartment with Alex.

"Sally?" He asks.

"Alex?" I smile.

"Do you think Maddy would go on a date with me?" Alex asks shyly.

I consider this for a moment, "You could ask her to go somewhere with you but don't make it too obvious it's a date. I think she likes you, but she won't admit it yet."

Alex nods, "Thanks Sal."

I smile.

The car journey up to Ansel's cabin consists of; Maddy, Lucy and I singing Christmas songs loudly, stopping at service stations, collecting Warren, More singing and chocolate eating. Pretty good road trip I'd say.

We arrive at the cabin and celebrate with a glass of Prosecco. The cabin is beautiful and so homely with a massive open fire in the living room

After finishing our drinks we all run around the house shot-gunning rooms to stay in. Somehow, I end up in a room with Lucy and Levi. Maddy's in a twin room with Alex and Ansel + Warren have their own rooms. By the time everyone's unpacked, it's pitch black outside.

Lucy prepares dinner while Maddy and I write cards at the kitchen table.

Alex strolls into the kitchen and leans against the counter, "Maddy, Warren said we need more firewood, want to help me find some in the wood outside?"

Maddy looks up from her card-writing, "Yeah, sure." Maddy pulls on her bobble hat and joins Alex.

Just as they are about to walk out the door, Alex turns round and winks at me.

I laugh in reply.

I hear Alex and Maddy leave then turn to Lucy, "Alex is taking Maddy on a date!"

"When?!" She asks.

"Now?..." I say.

"Wow, what a great date. Wood collecting!" Lucy laughs sarcastically.

"Hey, it's actually quite cute!" I defend Alex.

Lucy laughs.

Levi walks in with Ansel, arms around each other.

Levi stares at me then his eyes flick to my empty glass of Prosecco. He gasps dramatically.

"ANSEL! SALLY IS OUT OF ALCOHOL! WE MUST REFILL HER GLASS IMMEDIATELY!" Levi shouts, clearly tipsy.

Ansel gasps just as dramatically and runs out the room.

Lucy turns round and laughs, "How many glasses of that have you had?"

Levi smiles, "I don't know!" He shrugs.

Ansel runs back in, "MORE PROSECCO FOR THE LADY!" Ansel pours me another glass of the sparkling liquid.

"Thank you!" I laugh.

"You are most welcome!" Ansel starts to pour himself another glass.

I take the bottle out of his hand, "I think you've had enough of that!"

"Oh don't be such a poo-pooer!" Ansel complains.

"You can have another glass after dinner, okay?" I say.

"Okay." Ansel pulls a face. He suddenly burst out laughing, "HEY I'M AUGUSTUS WATERS!"

I roll my eyes and laugh along.