Christmas time

A few hours later~

Ansel Pov:

I sit across from Sally at dinner. Lucy cooked us all a lovely Stew. I put red wine in it when she wasn't looking, that's the way my Dad cooks it. And, I must say, it's delicious.

"Did you get enough wood?" Sally asks Alex and Maddy.

Maddy nods, putting another spoonful of stew in her mouth.

"Yeah, should last us a while." Alex says.

Sally nods and carries on eating.

It's Christmas in 2 days and I'm more excited than I should be. Not even for the presents, just to see others reactions to what I got them.

I have brought everyone a present at this table. I do hope they appreciate them.

"Has everyone got presents sorted??" Warren asks.

"I don't know..have we?" Levi asks Lucy.

Lucy scoffs, "Levi, get your own presents for people! We aren't married!"

"Oh. Then, no." Levi says.

"You can just go into town tomorrow can't you?" Alex asks.

"What town? We're in the middle of nowhere!" I laugh.

"Oh...we'll find something won't we, Warren?" Levi smiles.

"Yeah." Warren agrees.

They won't, I smile to myself.

~

We all sit in the living room, gathered around the open fire telling funny stories. There are a few moments when Maddy, Lucy or Sally tries to tell a story but is apparently incapable of sharing this story without crying with laughter thus, we will never know what actually happens apart from the other two who seem to completely understand what the other one is saying just by the hysterical laughing and the odd word or two?

I decide I'm really not looking forward to going back to work. Yes, I have one of the best jobs in the world but I love my friends and just wish the Christmas Period would last longer.

At about 2am we all decide to go to bed. I do the norm and jump into my bed. The same bed I've used every time we have stayed here since I was 6. I've still even got a poster of Spiderman on my wall. I was such a cool kid.

30 minutes after I predicted everyone would be asleep my door opens. I sit up and rub my eyes.

"I just went into Warrens room looking for you, that was fairly embarrassing considering he apparently sleeps naked." Sally laughs quietly.

I laugh. "Why were you looking for me?" I ask.

"It's just slightly awkward sleeping in a room with a couple, isn't it?" Sally asks.

"You're saying you want to sleep with me?" I ask, wiggling my eyebrows.

"Yes but just sleep.." Sally scratches her neck awkwardly.

I lift up the duvet and invite her to join me.

She gets in beside me, adding extra warmth to the bed, which is probably needed at this -6 Celsius temperature.

Luckily, I decided to wear pyjama bottoms to bed but no top which is slightly awkward but Sally doesn't seem to mind. Sally rolls over and gets comfortable.

"Thank you." I hear her whisper before I fall asleep.

~

Sally is still asleep when I wake up. I crawl out of the bed and out of the room without waking Sally up. I walk into the kitchen, Alex, Maddy and Lucy are sat at the table with cups of tea in hand.