02 Hex

Sage

"Shhh" I put a finger against my lips and looked over his shoulder. Ethan understood what I meant. He turned around and within seconds he was at least 10 feet away from us heading towards the back entrance.

For some reason Ethan decided it was a good idea to come back to the warehouse.The sight of the crime. I left this place completely senseless last night . I barey remember how.

Kaia stayed close. Again it was Ethan's idea to bring her. She was a badass at times but she wasn't nearly as strong as any of us probably coz she was less than a century old. But you never know when you might need a little extra help. So I didn't mind the extra backup.

We were at the staircase that led to the parking lot. My mind focused. Listening. For a sound even if it was a heartbeat....a breath.... anything.

The air was thick. We could barely breathe straight. It smelt of smoke. Something was on fire. The smell was taking over everything.

"What the hell " I mouthed to her.

She just shook her head and mouthed "The Fuck!"

The smell of blood was all around us. The building was in absolute darkness. I had never seen it like this before. We walked up the staircase and the smell of blood got even more intense. The smell of burning, rotten meat started to fill my nostrils. We came to a door on the edge of the stairs. Kaia and I gave eachother a look. I turned to reach for the knob when I heard a click. Kaia had her gun ready to shoot. It honestly easy necessary. It didn't seem like anyone was here.

Wait.

I heard something. She heard it too.

A heart.....steady....getting closer and closer..

At this point I had my gun out as well even though I didn't need it. I wasn't going to get my hands dirty if I didn't need to.

I turned the door knob and within a split second we were in there aiming our guns at the man with his back facing us.

"Ethan" I said in annoyance. I turned around to see Kaia putting her gun away and running her hand through her hair.

"You gave us a little bit of scare there" she breathed out. I gave her a look

" You gave me a scare" she corrected in a sarcastic tone.

He didn't pay attention to anything we had said. He just raised his hands to the side. "Look at this place Sage" he said and I did as told.

I hadn't noticed the scene around me as yet. Blood Everywhere. Bodies Everywhere.

But the bodies were burnt.

The walls were drenched in blood. My mind started wandering off again. I started hearing screams and prayers. The look in their eyes. Before I killed them. I saw flashes of them all before I tore through them in minutes. But still no clear picture.

I didn't need that much blood to drink. One blood bag would have been enough. Maybe... maybe not. But massacre to this extent was not required.

I was trying to reel in my thoughts when my head started pounding. I put my hands against my temples trying to ease the pain. It didn't help. My mind went blank and my senses got heightened even more.

I was trying to remember what had happened to me. Why did I get so hungry. How did I not remember most of what happened here.

"The bodies have just been burnt" i heard Kaia's voice a little away from us. She was standing at a little balcony, looking around outside.