36 Space?

A little author's note at the end. Please read it.

Sage

Two days. 

It had been two days since we got word from Huntley saying that Pheonix was planning to visit Kallihan. We didn't know when...hell, we didn't even know if it was true. Honestly, I don't think any of us really wanted to know. 

I tried to be the bearer of peace for once, trying to make them realise that if indeed someone is going against the pure bloods, it is better if we all fight together. We could use Pheonix on our side. Axel and Ezra were ofcourse not happy about that. Donovan on the other hand didn't completely agree with me, but he understood what I meant. 

Arabella was my savior among this chaos, she was the only one that had something of use for me. She wouldn't step into Kallihan and she didn't want to speak over the phone. Nathaniel went out to meet her but she wanted to talk to me. She finally decided to meet up at the border of Kallihan which was half a day's drive out on the way to Cohen. Apparently she still didn't trust vampires enough. Well, I can't blame her.

"Seriously? You could have just stayed with us for a few days" I slammed the door behind me and walked upto the black car she was leaning against. 

"Breathe in vampire lands? My soul would not be at rest" she shrugged. 

"Would you believe me if I tell you I am not annoyed to see you?" I stood with my hands behind my back.

"I believe you. It must be torture living with idiots" Yes, I told her about Pheonix and the rumour of him coming to Kallihan. Apparently she already knew alot of what happened during the war. Her ancestors were part of it. But somehow she did understand my point of view on this. And I was happy to actually have someone on my side. 

"What was so important you had to come all the way out here to tell me yourself?" I squinted my eyes.

She took a deep breath, gave me a hesitant stare, nervous movements. I already knew  I'm not going to like this.

My eyes fixed on someone inside the car.

"Who is that?" I eyed the tall figure.

"My friend's boyfriend. He offered to drive me out here" 

Witch. I could smell the vervain on him from a mile away. 

"You sure he's safe?" I eyed him.

"Can we sit in your car and talk?" I nodded yes and turned around towards my car and she followed. 

"Tell me" I pulled the door shut and sat facing her in anticipation.

"There is talk among the witches....the ancestors.."

"You perform ancestoral magic too?" 

"No, my friend does" she shook her head "Can I talk now?" she hissed out.

I nodded for her to continue.

"I'm not a part of a coven anymore. So I don't exactly have access to any ancestoral connection or anything of that sort. But my friend has. And apparently there's this group of witches. Powerful witches, trying to find a spell..." she looked at me with sorry eyes.

"What spell?" I could sense the fear on her. He heartbeat was picking up and that was never a good sign.

"The spell" she emphasized  "The spell that created the Pure Blood Vampires " 

I stared at her in shock for a second or two. I needed time to process what I just heard. No. That's not possible. 

"No" I shook my head in disbelief "That's not possible"