26 Dissension

***not edited***

Axel

"You've gone through seven of those"

I threw the blood bag on the table.

"So?"

"So, you need to calm down Axel" he took a step towards me.

"I want to be alone Ezra" i shot him a glare and stood up to walk over to the window.

I faced out of the window as my mind swirled in conflict. I had the whole wide city before me, but my eyes only fixed on one specific tower. One that was all the way in the other side of the city. The dark grey masterpiece blended into the dusk.

I stood there looking at it, like a child in a candy shop. Wanting something I shouldn't.

"What did she tell you when you went upstairs?" Ezra walked up beside me.

"She kicked me out of her house" I dropped my eyes, thinking back to our squabble this morning.

Ezra gave me a slight chuckle and gazed ahead.

It wasn't funny.

"I told her." I muttered under my breath.

The smirk on his face immediately faded...

"About Madelyn?"

I nodded.

"She knows everything." I felt this something sink in me as I processed my own words.

Maybe it was my fault for giving into her. For letting her push me off the edge and breaking down, telling her something so intimate, I hadn't spoken about it in years.

"Its alright Axel. You won't be here if he shows up anyway" he tried to console me. But there was nothing he could do to ease the pressure.

I nodded my head. There was nothing to say.

"I'll take care of everything here" he tried to assure me, but it still wasn't helping.

I looked back out at the grey tower that was now disappearing into the darkness. I could almost picture her sitting in her chair, looking out at the city.

I ran a hand through my hair and let out a deep breath.

"Does she really not care about the consequences of anything?" I shook my head in disbelief.

Still trying to wrap my mind around the fact that Hunter Pheonix might be on his way to where I am as we speak.

"This is classic Sage, Axel. She lives on impulse" Ezra put a hand on my shoulder.

"Yes but it wasn't exactly her, was it?" We heard Ethan at the doorway . Ezra turned to glance at him while I let out a sigh and looked ahead.

"Nathaniel was the one that sent the invite" I heard his footsteps getting closer.

"Does no one know how to knock in this damn palace?" I turned around to give him a glare.

"Your door was open" he looked at me with a monotonous stare.

"I wonder who left that open" i gave Ezra a glare.

"Have you spoken to her since we left? She hasn't been picking up my calls" Ethan's concerned voice took Ezra's attention.

I rolled my eyes in annoyance. Why the hell was he even calling her?

"Then call Nathaniel" Ezra gave him an annoyed look.