15 No

Sage

"No"

"What do you mean No?"

"You're not doing it Sage" his authoritative voice rang through the pin drop silence of the room.

"I wasn't exactly asking. This is what we came here for" I stood up and walked towards him.

"Then why are you here?" He fixed his gaze on me. His eyes looking darker than ever.

"What the hell is that supposed to mean?" I was so taken aback by his reaction I was lost for words.

"Why are you in my room? Why did you come to tell me this?" he rested his hands on his hips.

"Because we came here together" my patience was slipping away and I was really starting to lose my cool.

"Then we should be taking decisions together too Sage" he copied my tone. Why was everyone trying to get on my nerves today?

"Are you serious right now? We're not co-parenting Axel. We're trying to find out information and this is the only way." I was yelling at this point.

"Then why are you trying to explain it to me? You've already made up your mind" he almost yelled back.

I stopped what I was about to say. I forgot what I was about to say. I did not expect him to snap at me like that.

"You were right again Sage. I shouldn't have come" he shook his head and turned around to leave the room.

I sat on his bed, defeated, annoyed, upset. We came here to find out whatever we can, however we can. And if we have a shot a finding out anything we had to take it.

I left his room for mine. Arabella told me that we would do the spell later that evening so I decided to take a shower to kill some time.

She told me to wear something light and breezy so I was thankful for the little dark green dress I had thrown into my bag. I slipped on the dress hoping it wasn't too short because I needed to be comfortable. Being a part of a spell, working with a witch was stressful enough for me. I didn't want to have to worry about taking care of my damn dress as well. But thankfully it ended at my knees and was a little loose, making it a very comfy wear.

I lay on my bed for a while wondering where the hell Axel took of. I was hungry. I hadn't fed in almost two days and I knew the spell would take alot more power and energy than Arabella let on. 

I went through my bag and realised forgot to pack the one thing I should have packed first. Blood.

"Damnit" i threw my stuff on the bed in annoyance and ran my hand through my hair.

I walked out to Axel's room, hoping he would have some. He was already irritated with me about agreeing to this spell, I didn't know how he was going to react, I really wasn't in the mood to fight and argue now.

I knocked on his door.

No answer.

I pushed the door open slightly and my heart sank. He wasn't there.

This pit started forming in my stomach. What if he left?

No. He wouldn't do that. But then I didn't really know much about him anyway.

I shut the door behind me and kept walking till I reached downstairs to the hall room.

The sound of glass caught my attention, I walked out to the sitting area.

It was empty.

My ears fixed on the sound again and I followed it, leading me to the kitchen.

"Axel" A wave of relief washed over me in that moment as.