52 Why Would I Start A War?

Axel

I walked out of the bathroom to find Sage sitting on the bed, looking down at her phone. I shut the door behind me and walked towards the centre of the room. She looked up, as if she's never seen me half naked before, eyeing me with a look I knew all too well.

"You keep looking at me like that, I don't think we're going to make it to dinner" I smirked at her, but maybe deep down that's what I wanted too. My mind was already beginning to slip, losing control. Well, I never really had any resistance when it came to her anyway. But everyday with her she kept pushing me further past my boundaries. At this point I was more than convinced, I had none.

She leaned back on her palms, legs crossed in that little grey dress that I was starting to regret picking out for her.

"Well, that's the plan" she tilted her head up to face me better with that look in her eyes that she no longer bothered camouflaging.

"Alright" That's what I wanted to say. It's what I needed. Her. That's it. But I think we both knew that wasn't the best thing right now. Someone's always barging in. Someone's always calling. I just couldn't have her alone all to myself. I can't wait to get this mess over with and get back to Gervase. But then my stomach dropped. Kallihan. She'd go back to Kallihan. She has no reason to stay in Gervase anymore. And what would that mean for us?

"We have to get dressed" I shook my head as I felt my smile fading and walked past her to pull my clothes out of the suitcase earning an annoyed sigh from her.

"Don't pout at me, Sage" I didn't even have to look at her to know what she was doing.

"Axel?" she whispered in a low tone.

"Hmm?"

"Axel" her voice got sharper, this time demanding my attention. I lay my clothes down on the bed and looked up at her. She was looking at me with those piercing greens. My body instinctively reacted to her, moving closer and sitting down beside her.

"Say" I tucked away a few strands of hair out of her face.

She looked up at me with a question in her eyes. Something was tugging on my chest, I had a feeling I wasn't going to like it. I noticed her biting her bottom lip, as if she were silencing herself. The next thing I knew she threw her arms around my neck and pulled me down against her lips. My senses faded, and I wrapped my arms around her, pulling her onto my lap. It was as if the air in the room was suddenly charged with an urgent sexual tension.

We were all freaking out on the inside about tomorrow. We all knew that, but none actually dared to show it. But here we were looking for a distraction from it all, needing that release, that control... maybe even the lack of it.

"Sage" I grabbed her hair, pulling away from her. She immediately looked up into my eyes, breathing heavily. I could smell our arousal in the air and I was starting to think I'm going to need another shower.

She squeezed her eyes shut and pushed herself away from me "Sorry" she whispered under her breath.

"Sorry? About what?" I was trying to regulate my breathing too.

"For jumping you like that" she chuckled softly, trying to hide the blush on her cheeks.

"Don't you ever apologize for jumping me like that again" I grabbed the back of her neck and pulled her in for another heated kiss, earning a muted moan from her.

"Okay" she smiled against my lips and let her hands slide down my chest.

"What's your backup plan, Axel?" she whispered.