48 I Missed This

Sage

Gervase was beautiful. Actually, that would be an understatement. I had been here before, but it never failed to wind me with its beautiful views and architecture. 

It had old buildings lining the streets.Bars lined every street corner. Museums and galleries and restaurants and cafes and lakes and oh my gosh. Artists, musicians, painters, dancers all on the streets. Performing. Thrilling. It was like everyday was a festival for them out here. It really was something else.

My eyes caught a glimpse of a woman reading tarot to a young girl by the street. 

"Witches" 

"Yeah. We all live in peace in Gervase, Sage. The only enemies are the ones outside the walls" Axel's proud voice rang. Why wouldn't he be? Being able to attain peace on a level like this…. with witches was something even Ezra and I couldn't do in Kallihan. 

"Gosh, I keep forgetting how beautiful this place is" I set my eyes on the horizon as we passed over a bridge over a lake. The setting sun added to the charm of the scene, making it even more magical. 

"You seem to like it here.." he rested his hand on my knee, circling his thumb. I had somehow gotten used to him doing that and instinctively moved closer to him. 

"It is beautiful, Axel. How could I not like it?" I kept my eyes over the lake as we passed. 

"I'll show you around later" he left a soft kiss on my temple. 

"I've been here before" I turned around to look at him. 

"Yes, but not with me. I'm going to show you around" he pulled me in closer and I snuggled up against his shoulder, almost drifting off to sleep after the long journey.

*

"Where's my room?" I glanced over at  the dark haired, tall, blue eyed boy carrying my jacket and bag.

We had reached the Palace about half an hour back and I desperately needed to take a shower and get changed and Axel was busy in his office. He got dragged away by some officials the second we stepped in. They didn't seem too happy about their Kings leaving the Kingdom for weeks on end. 

"This way, Ms Amherst" he smiled and gestured to me to follow him.

"Do you know when Axel is going to be done with his work?" 

"No, Ms Am.."

"Just Call me Sage" I cut him off, waving my hand. He was being too formal for my liking, besides he seemed to be a sweet young boy. 

"I don't think Sire would approve of that" he smiled glancing over his shoulder at me and I immediately had a feeling I'm going to get along with this kid. Well he wasn't a kid, but he was much younger than me. He was probably a new Vampire. 

"What's your name?" 

"Ashton" 

"Ashton? That's a lovely name" I smiled. 

"So is Sage" he turned around to give me another bright smile and pushed a door open behind him, revealing a huge room, with light grey walls and dark grey curtains draped over the floor to ceiling windows that covered an entire wall. Most of the furniture was black and the detailing gold. I immediately knew this wasn't just another guest bedroom.

"Is this Axel's room?" I was walking towards the centre of the room, taking in everything around me. I think this alone reminded me how different all our kingdoms were. Kallihan was obviously more developed and fast paced, but Gervase….Gervase was pure royalty. From the way they kept the culture and heritage of the Kingdom intact to the way everyone around here carried themselves in such a dignified manner. It was so different, yet intriguing.