35 News From...

Sage

"What the fuck is this even supposed to mean?" Donovan slammed his hand down against the table, cracking the thick glass, shattering it all over.

"This doesn't make sense. We can't be killed" Ezra leaned down against the chair, his messy hair falling over his face from how many times he ran his hands through it.

"Breaking shit isn't going to help" Axel snapped at the two of them from across the table.

The tension in the room was stifling. Everyone was freaking out. Maybe Donovan and Ezra a little more than us. But their concern is completely understandable. The fact that they had the guts to make a bold claim or rather threat like that was what really got us all questioning everything.

I saw my phone ring on the table and checked it. It was Arabella. We knew for sure there were witches involved. So I asked probably one the only ones I trusted.

I excused myself and walked out of the room.

"You got anything?"

"What the hell was that?" he voice mirrored my surprise when I saw the writing on the wall too.

"I know. I know."

"This is scary Sage. They wouldn't have made the claim if they didn't have a way to actually do it."

"I know that Arabella" I ran my hand through my hair in frustration.

"Don't snap at me. I'm trying to make sense of this just as much as you. Now tell me about the spell that shut the caves"

"We had it spelled shut so that no one except Nathaniel and I could enter. The witch used our blood to seal it so I thought my brother might be able to enter... but he couldn't. Which means the spell was done right, right?" I blabbed in a single breath.

"Where is that witch now? She must know how to lift the spell as well"

"Umm..yeah that's what we were concerned about..." my voice trailed off, not wanting to speak the next words.

"What did you do?" her sharp voice rang through the phone telling me she knows the answer to that question already.

"We made sure she couldn't lift the spell" i shrugged.

"So you killed her" she yelled.

"Kind of" i mumbled under my breath.

"Are you fucking kidding me?" she yelled even louder.

"Arabella. You can yell at me about killing witches later. Focus on the problem in hand" I gave her a sharp tone to calm her down.

"It could have been a witch...I mean boundary spells can be dropped for a minute or so depending on how strong the witch who cast it was. But it takes alot of power to do that" she explained to me like she was trying to talk to a kid.

"So she was probably channeling someone ?" I tried to pitch in.

"Yes...or it could have been a dark object or something like that" her voice lowered down, almost as if she was muttering.

"Dark objects?" I shot back in surprise.

"Yes. There are objects that can neutralize a piece of land from any magic. There are objects that can siphon the magic of a place. But since the spell went back up. It could have been like a neutralizer or something, you know" she didn't seem very confident about that answer.

"You were going to find out about that Coven" I leaned against the wall, looking out of the window.

"Hmm"