17 Curiosity

Sage

The silence was deafening.

The fireplace was the only thing illuminating the sitting area.

Neither of us had spoken a word in a while.

We still had on our soaking wet clothes, neither of us really cared.

We just sat there in silence, taking in what just happened.

The fact that Arabella got affected by the bullet even in my memory shook all of us to the core.

"Bergman coven? Are you sure?" Xander was the first to break the silence.

"Yes" Arabella shot back with an annoyed tone. I didn't bother turning back, she was rolling her eyes at him.

"How are you so sure?" Axel's voice rung from beside me, I turned around to see him standing beside the fireplace, leaning against the mantle with a glass of wine in his hand.

"I said it was really dark magic. I haven't felt that in years. Centuries almost" she shook her head and stared at the flames.

"Yes but.."

"I've felt it before. I've been around it before. I've been subjected to it before. I know what it is, and there is only one Coven that can do something that dark." She cut him off and ran her hand through her hair and leaned back.

"I heard they performed blood magic" I angled myself to face her.

She nodded.

"Blood magic, sacrificial magic. But the thing is...when the hunters attacked Wallough very few people fled. I don't remember seeing anyone from the Bergman coven after that" she furrowed her brows and looked back and forth between us.

"Yes. But neither did anyone know you escaped" Axel sat down on the sofa beside me.

"Makes sense" Xander chimed in "when you escaped I sheltered you " he turned to Arabella "they probably had someone helping them too."

"None of this is adding up" i whispered to myself.

"Xander" a thought crossed my mind "what happened to the hunters that attached your men this afternoon?"

"The humans are scared Sage" he leaned on his knees " they're closing off most of their territories. The hunters were waiting for a chance to be able to cut some vamps or wolf heads off." He ran his hand down his face "They just got their opportunity to do just that".

"Well you can't blame them" Axel shook his head.

"Now what? How do we find them?" I looked at Arabella.

"I don't know" she let out a deep breath "but I know someone who might"

"Who?"

"A friend"

"Where is this friend of yours?" Xander glanced up at her.

"Not too far. Few miles north of here" she looked down. I could tell she had alot going on in her mind, but she tried her best to camouflage it. She wasn't really doing a very good job at that. But she just went through a literal hell. It wasn't easy for anyone to reel back so soon.

"When will you leave?" Xander asked.

"As soon I get these damn clothes changed" she stood up.

"You should probably wait till morning. Leave at dawn. That spell took a pretty heavy toll on you" my voice sounded more concerned than it should have I suppose.

She smirked.

"Did I just hear concern from Sage Amherst?" She put her hand to her mouth dramatically , shaking her head and smiled.