Sick Lucifer

Lhori was walking from the kitchen with a heavy tray. When she reached Lucifer's room Beel, who was guarding his door, perked up.

"Lhori? What are you doing here?" he asked surprised.

"I came to see Lucifer," she said simply putting her tray down.

"Now?" asked Beel baffled. "You don't want to go there now. He's a real pain when he's sick." He smirked. "Even more than normal. Can you imagine that?"

"Well, I don't care," she replied crossing her arms. "He is sick and feeling unwell and what are his brothers doing? Planning how to overthrow him while he's vulnerable, and mocking him!"

"Well, what else should we do?" the demon asked dumbfounded.

"Care for him!" she hissed. "Whatever, I'm going in, don't you dare to stop me. I brought food."

"You know I have to try it first, right?" Beel asked his eyes shining.

"Yes, I know. I brought more," she replied and poured the soup into the bowl and handed it to him.

"Mmm, it's really good," he mumbled with his mouth full. He moved so she could get into the room.

Lucifer was lying in his enormous bed, surrounded by used tissues. His nose was all red, his eyes puffy. He looked miserable. He spotted at her and scowl.

"What do you think you doing here?" he barked at her. "I didn't invite you, get out!"

"I brought you food and tea," she said unperturbed. It was not the first time she was dealing with a sick man.

"I don't want your food, now go away!" he repeated, but there was no edge in his words, he sounded tired and resigned.

"I'm not going anywhere," she said putting the tray on his bedside table and pouring the soup into the bowl. "Unless you prefer the parade of doctors sent by lord Diavolo?" 

His eyes narrowed. "He sent you here?"

"No. He overheard how I was scolding Mammon and Satan for teasing you so much. And when he heard I'm going to check up on you he asked me to send him an update on your health." She sat on the bed next to him, ignoring his protests. "So, do you want me to go away and tell him you are in a dire need of doctors?" she asked with a sweet smile.

"You're even worse than my brothers" he huffed.

"Good decision. Now, eat this soup, it will help you recover quickly. Open your mouth," she asked playfully waving a spoon at him.

"I can eat a damn soup by myself!" he barked, sat up, and took the bowl from her. She smiled brightly.

"Good for you! Eat up, I'll make you a lemon and honey tea. You need to drink plenty of warm liquids."

He was eating in silence. He didn't comment on the soup, but he wasn't displeased, so it couldn't be terrible in taste.

"You look pretty awful," she said sitting back on the bed with a cup of tea for him in her hands.

"Thank you very much, Lhori. If you want to cheer me up, you are doing a crappy job."

"Oh, don't be so sensitive, Lucifer. I didn't know that demons get sick too."

"Well, we do, as you can see. And it's a very severe bug, no human could survive."

"Yeah, sure. It looks, like a common cold to me," she said teasingly.

"Lhori, I'm warning you. The fact I'm sick doesn't mean I'm unable to throw you out of my room at any moment," he said grudgingly.

"Oh, I'm just teasing you, dummy," she said laughing. "Now, if you are done eating, I brought you some paperwork from the council. I bet you are bored to death after just half a day lying in bed. I can help you get through it. What do you say?"