Back into the human world (Part 2)

"Wow, this party is bigger than I expected," Lucifer said looking at crowds entering a complex of university buildings.

"Oh, yeah. They do it every year, and there are loads of students from other colleges too... I hope we'll be able to find the guy..." said Lhori looking around nervously.

"Don't worry about it. He's pretty stupid, so I expect we will find him sooner than later," he shrugged.

"Ok, let's go then," she said and started to go inside, but Lucifer grabbed her elbow stopping her.

"Wait, before we go..." He put the other hand to his pocket and produce a thin, silver chain. "I want you to wear it."

"What is that?" Lhori asked surprised, but he only took her hand and gently clasp the chain on her wrist.

"I put a spell on it. If we get separated and you'll get into troubles I'll know where to find you."

"Oh, well... thanks?" He let go of her hand and offered her his arm instead.

"Now, shall we?"

                All the rooms were loud and crowded. Students were everywhere, drinking, dancing, playing games, or making out. They were trying to find any information about suspicious drug dealers but got nothing so far.

"Ugh, that's how your parties look like?" asked Lucifer disgusted.

"Yep, more or less. I wouldn't know, I'm not much of a party person."

"Can't blame you."

"Let's check out in here, it seems less crowded. Maybe we'll get some useful info here."

                The room was smaller, there were several pool tables here and people were playing and laughing loudly. Unexpectantly, Lhori stopped short so suddenly that Lucifer bumped into her.

"Ugh, what's the matter?" he asked seeing her suddenly pale face. She turned around and forced a smile.

"Oh, let's just go, we won't find anything here anyway..."

"Wait, but it is calmer here..."

"OMG, Lhori is that you?!" exclaimed a manly voice. Lucifer looked at Lhori, who stopped, closed her eyes and took a deep breath. Her whole body was suddenly incredibly tense. She plastered a polite smile to her face and turned around to face a tall handsome boy with beautiful blond hair.

"Derrick," she said politely nodding at him.

"Wow, look at you! You look amazing! Come on, I haven't seen you for years now! Give me a hug!" he smiled charmingly spreading his arms wide.

"I'd rather not," she said quietly and crossed her arms. "What are you doing here? I thought you graduated years ago."

"Well, you know me, Lhors, I can't miss a good party! But if I knew I met you here, I would visit this place more often. Come on, let's talk about good old times! I'll get you a drink."

"Sorry, I don't have time for pointless chit chat, Derrick. We have to go," she said dismissively.

"We?" he looked at Lucifer for the first time. Demon gave him a stare that could freeze running river, but the boy only smirked. "Whoa, is he your boyfriend or something?"

"That's none of your business. Bye!" She grabbed Lucifer arm and pulled him toward the doors.

"You can come back any time you like, Lhors!" the boy shouted after her. "We've got loads of hot memories to relive!"

                They moved to the other side of the building. Finally, Lucifer stopped her.

"Hey, are you ok?" he asked gently.