Almost there

"Do you have to move to the other office?" Lucifer asked, rolling his eyes while carrying a box with contents of Lhori's desk.

"Yes, I do. The exchange students are coming in next week. Suppose I am to be a human counsellor. I need my own place so they can come and talk to me anytime," she explained, opening the door to her new office.

"What is wrong with our shared room?" he asked, putting the box on the desk. The room was small; there was not much here except a desk, two chairs and a cabinet. But it also had a window overlooking the main entrance to RAD, so Lhori was quite fond of it.

"No one will say a word to me if they feel you are glaring at them!" she scoffed.

"I'm not glaring!" he protested.

"Yes, you are. This is out of the discussion, Lucifer," she said decisively, and straighten his tie. "Aren't you happy you are getting your office back?"

"I like seeing you in my office every day," he said and kissed her. "I won't be seeing you anymore if you keep locking yourself in your own office."

"Oh, come on! I'm not locking myself anywhere. Plus, we are still working together, just not all the time," she smiled teasingly."Maybe it will do us some good if we miss each other a bit. Getting back home from work will be more... exciting?"

"Mmm, I like the way you're thinking," he purred and kissed her ear. "I also have an idea. Why don't you move back to the House of Lamentation? So I can at least see you at home every morning and evening."

"You know, this is not a bad idea."

"Is that a yes?" he asked delighted. Lhori smiled brightly.

"Well we either sleep there or in my place, so it's not like it will be a big difference. But I would also like spending mornings and evenings together."

"It's decided then!" Lucifer said happily and kissed her forehead. "Shall we go for your things after work? I can ask Beel to help us."

"Let's do that."

***

Lhori awoke to a sound of DDD chiming. She groaned and looked at the clock. It was 3 in the morning.

"Lucifer," she nudged sleeping demon. He murmured something and rubbed his eyes. "Your phone is ringing."

He reached to the nightstand and took his phone.

"Diavolo?" he said, his voice still sleepy, and sat up on the bed. "An incident? Mhm. Mhm. I'll be right there."

"What happened?" Lhori asked, sitting on the bed too when he put down his DDD.

"I don't know. Something happened at RAD. I need to go," he said and started dressing up.

"Now? It's the middle of the night! Is it something serious?"

"I think so. I don't know the details yet."

"Shall I go with you?" she asked.

"No, there's no need," he said and kissed her head. "Go back to sleep."

"As if I fall asleep now," she scoffed. "Call me when you know anything."

"I will. See you later, love."

Lhori sighed and lighted the lamp. It was far too early to get out of bed, so she took up her book and started reading. Unfortunately, she found it hard to focus on the story, as her thoughts were continually drifting off to what might have happened at RAD. If Diavolo called in the middle of the night, it must have been something serious. She was checking her phone constantly, but Lucifer was silent, and she didn't want to disturb him. She groaned irritated and went to the bathroom to take an extra-long shower.