Life goes on (in Devildom)

"I'm so glad you accepted my proposal, Lhori," said Diavolo while he led her through RAD halls to the office area. "For now, you'll work alongside Lucifer, just until you get used to things. Then, of course, you'll get your own office."

"That's fine, Diavolo. I don't really care about such things," she said shrugging.

"I'm glad you are reasonable. I'm sure you and Lucifer will make a great team!" He opened the door and gestured her inside. The office wasn't big. Most of the space took a big mahogany desk that obviously belonged to Lucifer. He was sitting in the big, comfortable-looking chair and there were piles and piles of documents littering all surfaces of the desk and also some covered the floor.

On the other side of the room, facing Lucifer, was a smaller, more modest desk, already with stacks of documents on it. Lucifer looked up from his place, put down his pen, and stood up.

"Lhori, Diavolo," he nodded and come out from behind his desk.

"Lucifer, can I leave Lhori under your care now?" asked Diavolo with a sly smile.

"Of course, we will start right away," replied Lucifer with a smirk.

"That's wonderful. Have fun you two!" he said and moved to the door. "Oh, and Lucifer? Please try to not overwork her too much, ok? I want to see her working here during the whole project, all right?"

"I'll do my best," Lucifer smirked. "So..." he said once the door closed. "Please sit at your desk and I'll show you what to do." He took a small chair and move it to sit next to her. "First, those are all the application forms from the human world. As you can see, there is a lot of them." He gestured for a huge pile. "We need to go through them and choose the most suitable candidates. You need to select around 80 of them, those we will present to Diavolo, who will make a final decision. Here you have a role model, it's more or less what we are looking for in our candidates. It's just a guide, so if you think someone will be suitable make a note with your justification... are you following?" he asked looking at her.

"Yep, it's not rocket science," she shrugged. "Do you have an electronic version of all those applications?"

"Electronic?" he asked confused.

"You know, the one you can use on a computer...? Guessing by your look I take it as a no," she sighed.

"Then, after we select the candidates," he continued ignoring her eyes roll, "we will have to send a welcoming letter and the list of requirements to all of them. I suggest you started writing it as soon as possible, there will be 30 copies of them, so it would hurt your hand to write them all in one day..."

"Write them?" she asked baffled. "You mean, handwrite them?"

"Yes."

"Thirty letters that are exactly the same, except the name?"

"Yes," he said annoyed. "Do I not speak clearly?"

"I'm not going to do this," she huffed.

"What do you mean you're not going to do this?" he asked baffled.

"OMG, and I was always wondering why are you so busy all the time," she said looking at him with pity. "That's because you are not working smartly!"

"Smartly?" he asked frowning.

"Oh, I'll show you soon. Ok, for now, applications. I will go through them, and then we'll take care of the rest, ok?"

"That's fine. If you need anything from me, just give me a shout, ok?" he said and moved back to his desk. She sighed and took the first application from the pile.