The Great Escape

It was the middle of the night, and Lhori was sitting in her allocated room and looking impatiently at her watch. She kept fidgeting with her fingers as she had to do something with her hands when she was nervous. The door opened, and Noah came in.

"So?" she asked fervently.

"It seems all is in order. Not many people still up, just those on guard duty. Haven't seen Michael or Robert anywhere, they are probably resting too. If we are going to do this, now is the time."

Lhori stood up and stretched her hand toward him. He hesitantly took her wrist and unclasped the metal bracelet.

"No turning back now," he said with a weak smile.

"Thank you, Noah," she said quietly looking into his eyes. "I mean it."

"You'll thank me if we get out of here alive," he sighed. "Are you ready? You think you can summon him without any ritual drawings?"

"Yeah, I did that once. Let's see."

                Lhori took a deep breath and closed her eyes. After Noah took off the magic blocker, she could feel Lucifer's presence not far away. She tried to ignore it, though her heart was aching to run to him right now. It took her a few seconds to clear her mind and calm her racing heart.

"Mammon, the avatar of greed. Heed my call. I need you now. Come to me."

                A cloud of yellow smoke erupted filling the room and when it dispersed a tall white-haired demon was standing there.

"Yo, Lhori! What you've been thinkin dragging me here like that, eh?"

"I'm so glad to see you Mammon," Lhori sighed and hugged him tightly.

"Woah, you can't just hug me out of nowhere like that!" he protested, but he hugged her back. "Are you ok? I've heard what happened."

"I'm alright," she said, pulling away. "Look, Mammon, I need your help, and there's no time to lose."

"What do you want me to do?" he asked, seeing her serious expression.

"I need you to make a racket. Something to distract everyone and take their eyes from dungeons; for long enough so we can sneak in there and break Lucifer out."

"What?! So, you wanna make a bait out of me? That will cost ya!"

"I'll repay you for that, I promise," she said impatiently and gestured to Noah, who handed her a map. "Now look at this. The dungeons are here, so we need you to go the other way, ok?"

"Is there anything worth checking out here?" Mammon asked.

"What? Like, sightseeing?" asked Noah confused.

"No, you dumb human!" scoffed demon rolling his eyes. "Like treasure!"

"Oh. We don't really have a treasury here... But maybe armoury?" he said and put his finger on the map. "There should be quite a selection of magical artefacts that we confiscated along the way."

"It will do, then," said Mammon with a grin, folded the map and put it into his pocket. "Ok, I'll be off then. Racket you said, right? I can do that, no problem."

"Mammon, wait," Lhori stopped him, grabbing his elbow. He looked at her, surprised. "Please be careful. This place is crawling with demon hunters. Don't let them catch you, ok?"

"Lhori, dear. I am the Great Mammon," he said with a grin. "There is no such thing as enough demon hunters to stop me from rummaging through that armoury full of forbidden magical artefacts. Wait for my signal. You will surely hear it," he added and disappeared behind the doors.