Welcome to Devildom!

Lhori was standing in the auditorium looking at a crowd of new students. Some of them were looking around nervously, and the others huddled in small groups looking for the comfort of their friends. There were distinct lines between humans, demons, and angels. Lhori hoped that in a few weeks those distinctions would disappear.

"They all look so young," she whispered to Satan, who was standing next to her. "Was I so young when I first came here?"

"Yes, you were. And you have the same terrified expression on your face," he teased her.

"I did not!" she hissed.

Lucifer grunted looking at them gravely. Lhori sent him an apologetic smile, and Satan just rolled his eyes.

Diavolo entered the auditorium and went straight to the rostrum. His face was beaming with a cheerful smile; his eyes were bright while he was looking over the crowd.

"Welcome to Devildom, dear students!" His voice boomed over the hall, and all chatter ceased instantly when all the eyes turned to him. "My name is Diavolo. I am the king of Devildom and ruler of all demons. This is the Royal Academy of Diavolo, though we call it RAD. I offer you all the most heartfelt welcome. We are thrilled to have you all here. We all have a unique opportunity to create bonds of friendship between our three worlds!" He paused, and there were murmurs in the crowd, and the nervous glances were exchanged between different races. "Firstly, I have to say that this amazing program would never work if not for the help of the whole student council," he gestured where they were standing. Lhori felt countless stares turned to her and felt sudden heat. She was never a big fan of standing in front of crowds.

"They are also persons, who will help you with all your troubles on a daily bases," Diavolo continued. "So, let's make quick introductions. First, Lucifer is a student council vice president and my right hand. He is responsible for all that is happening at RAD, and in case of any serious troubles, he'd be the person to go."

Lucifer nodded lightly, his face perfectly neutral, his mouth closed in a thin line. He looked intimidating. Lhori remembers that it was her first impression about him, so many years ago. Imposing, cold, with that piercing crimson eyes. It took her a while to discover a real him, a caring person trying so hard to do what's best for everyone.

"Next, we have Satan. He is responsible for RAD's education program. If you have any question about the curriculum or need any advice for additional studying materials, he's your demon!" Satan nodded, a small smile playing on his lips while his green eyes scanned the students.

"We also have our two lovely ambassador ladies. Ariel oversees all matters concerning our students from the Celestial Realm." The angel smiled brightly raising her head high. "Lhori is our counsellor for students from the Human World. She's also in charge of all accommodation logistic, so if you have any concerns regarding your living quarters, she will assist you." Lhori smiled nervously and gave a small wave. All students were looking at her curiously.

"And that's all you need to know at the moment," Diavolo finished lightly. "I know you are all eager to get to your dormitories and get to know your new roommates. The last important thing for you to remember, though. On the way out you will receive a detailed map of RAD and Devildom's central area. This is as far as you can go," he added, his voice suddenly solemn. "I need you to understand that this is for your safety. This is where we can guarantee nothing bad will happen to you. But if you venture beyond those borders... well, all risk is on you then. Is that clear for everyone?" There were nervous murmurs and nodding of frightened faces. Diavolo smiled cheerfully again. "Off you go then. We'll see you all tomorrow in the morning!"