Happily Ever After (Part 2)

"Lhori! I'm so glad you could make it!" Diavolo welcomed her with a cheerful smile and gestured to the chair. They were having their tea on the terrace overlooking lavish gardens. The woman sat looking around awkwardly. She never really got used to him, he always makes her a bit uncomfortable. Diavolo sat across the table from her. There were two more chairs. "How have you been? I'm sorry we didn't have time to catch up during the wedding, but you know how hectic it was..."

"Don't worry about it, I hope you had a wonderful time at your wedding?"

"Oh, it was marvelous. The best party of my life... But I believe I asked about you? What are you up to lately? How is it back in the human world?"

"Well it's normal, I guess," she shrugged and looked over the garden.

"Oh? That doesn't sound like a happy answer."

"Sorry?" she looked back at him. That was a problem with Diavolo. He always pretended to be charmingly silly, while in fact, he was awfully sharp and cunning. He looked at her with a small smile, his eyes bright with mischief, making her shifting nervously on her seat.

"Are you happy there, Lhori?"

"I..." she stammered a bit, surprised by his blunt question. "Why wouldn't I be happy?" She really wished the tea to arrive already, so she could do something with her hands. She kept fidgeting her fingers under the table.

"Maybe because you miss Devildom?" Demon Lord said with a shameless smile. Thankfully at this moment, Barbatos came to the terrace carrying a tray with tea and starting serving it right away.

"So..." she grunted. "No changes in duties after the wedding?"

"Ugh, don't tell me," moaned Diavolo. "I'm trying to reason with him every day, but he just won't budge!"

"I'm a butler, that's who I am, you can't take that away. What else would I do?" Barbatos said calmly and sat in a chair next to Diavolo.

"Smile and look pretty?" she asked with a grin.

"Yeah, good idea, how about it Barbatos?" Diavolo laughed. "Anyway... where is Lucifer? I believe you did let him know the time of our meeting?" Lhori took her cup to hide her surprise. She did not expect Lucifer here. But well, he was Diavolo's right hand, it was only to be expected that whatever business Demon Lord had with her, included him too. She put her cup back with a polite smile.

"He told me he'll be a bit late. There was some incident with Mammon I believe."

"So, business as usual" Diavolo sighed. "I apologize, Lhori, but the matter I wanted to discuss with you is an important one, and we need Lucifer here too."

"It's fine, don't worry about it. I'm not in a hurry."

"Are you staying in the House of Lamentation?"

"Oh, no. No... I just rented a room in a hotel."

"Really? Why would you do that?" asked Diavolo surprised. "You lived there for a year, surely you'd be welcomed there?"

"Yes, Mammon did try to persuade me..." she admitted. "But I'm not an exchange student anymore. And I didn't want to impose..."

"I think all the brothers would be more than happy if you stayed with them," said Barbatos elegantly sipping his tea.

"Speaking of the devil!" said Diavolo because Lucifer just entered the terrace. He paused for a moment when he spotted Lhori, but quickly got back his composure.

"Diavolo, Barbatos... Lhori," he nodded. "I apologise I'm late."

"It's fine Lucifer, please sit," said Diavolo gestured to the chair next to Lhori. Barbatos was already pouring the tea. She plastered a pleasant smile on her face and sipped her tea looking over the garden again. They sat in awkward silence, the only sound was the clattering of cups.