Date Night

"Woah, it's so crowded!" said Lhori looking around the theatre's lobby in awe. "I still can't believe you've managed to get the tickets in such a short notice!"

"I told you, I have my ways," Lucifer said with a smirk. "I didn't know you are a fan of musicals. If I did, I would take you here a long time ago."

"Well, now, you know. Should I expect more invitations then?" she teased.

"You can count on it."

Suddenly Lhori was shouldered when someone was trying to push their way past them into the stairs. She lost her balance and fell on Lucifer.

"Hey!" he growled, his eyes alight with anger. His arm surrounded Lhori's waist protectively. "Watch it!"

"Oh, I am so sorry!" Lhori turned around to see a tall, young man in a grey suit, his handsome face clearly distressed. "Are you ok, Miss? I apologize for my clumsiness! I don't know how it happened!"

"It's all right, no harm done," she replied with a polite smile. "But please be careful, it is very crowded here. Just be mindful of other people."

"Or I'll make you mindful," Lucifer hissed, his eyes throwing daggers into the insolent man.

"I am so very sorry!" the man replied aware of the murderous intent of Lhori's partner. He nervously brushed the auburn hair from his face and adjusted the glasses, which fell down his nose. "I'll be careful. Please, enjoy your evening!" he said and hurried away, disappearing in the crowd.

"What an idiot!" Lucifer growled.

"Hey, Lucifer," she said and reached for his chin to turn his face to her. "It's fine. No need to get angry. It's just a random stranger."

"Are you ok?" he asked, concerned.

"Yeah, but I might have stomped on your foot," she replied with a smile.

"You can stomp on me anytime, love," he said and kissed her forehead gently, and then looked over the crowd again. "This guy was weird."

"How so?"

"I'm not sure. I can sense some magic on him."

"Magic?" she asked, raising her brows.

"Yes. It's unexpected in the human world. I can sense it from sorcerers, or witches. But on him, it was very faint, barely a trace. I don't know what that means."

"Maybe he dates a witch?" she asked with a playful smile. "Come on, no need to worry. We have an evening off, let's enjoy it, ok?"

"You're right. Come, the doors are open. Let's get to our seats."

They went with the crowd to slowly fill the main room. Lhori was once again in awe, looking at lavish decorations, painted ceiling, and crystal chandeliers. But she also noticed that while they were moving towards their seats, everyone's gazes followed Lucifer. Some people were even whispering looking at them.

"Lucifer, why all the people are staring at you?" she asked quietly when they finally sat down.

"Oh, are they?"

"Yes. Staring and whispering."

"Well, it's because people, in general, find demons incredibly attractive. That's why it is so easy for demons to deceive humans."

"Is that so?" Lhori asked, crossing her arms. "So, you could easily charm any woman in here?"

"I probably could if I'd like to," he replied and looked at her with a smirk. "Why the questions? Are you jealous, Lhori?"

"No, I'm not."

"You know I can feel your emotions really clear when you are so close to me, so no point in lying," Lucifer said with a grin.

"Ugh, you are unbelievable, Mr Popular. Ok, I may be a little jealous" she admitted. He smiled and leaned in, to whisper into her ear in a seductive tone.

"I like that you are jealous," he said and kissed her ear. "But you know you're the only one I desire." She felt his warm breath in her ear and got goosebumps all over her body. He straightened and took her chin to turn her head. "You lost an earring, love."

"Oh no!" she gasped, touching her ear to find the jewelry gone indeed. They quickly looked around but didn't find any trace of the loss. Lhori sighed. "They were my favorite..."

"We'll have to find you a new favorite then," Lucifer said, giving her hand a gentle squeeze.

"That's fine; it's just an earring," she shrugged. At that moment, the lights dimmed, and the orchestra started playing."Oh, it's starting! I'm so excited!" she whispered, leaning closer to the demon, and letting him put an arm around her shoulder.