23:'Chips'

Nick's POV

1:00: Went to target to buy some condoms

4:15: Went out to Wendy's and got just fries to eat

8:34:Met up with some guys and talked with them

Today was a waste. I shouldn't have spied on Miles today. It was useless. He did nothing today, I mean what did I expect him to do, kill some 8 year old girl. No that's not like him at all.

Pulling out my phone, I message the guys on what Miles was up to today. It's currently about 10:30 or so. I pull up to the corner store. I need a smoke.

Walking in go straight to the counter"pack of smokes, brand doesn't matter."

"ID?" I look up at the counter person and realize it's not the usual old guy, but a girl. She looks about 19 or so. Her name tag says 'Mags'"Excuse me. I need your ID"

"Can't you just slide me some, it will be our little secret"I lean forward and  lean on the counter smirking down at her due to me being much taller then her

"I-i can't do that. I'll get f-fired"Her little shudder is adorable.

"The old man that used to work here did and never got fired"

"Well he was fired. I-i'm his replacement"Oh.

She leans down before walking around the counter. My eyes follow her. Her body shape is a bit curve and she looks to be about 5'4 at least. Her hair is put in a bun that looks like she tried really hard to do  but it ended up looking messy. Probably because she's been working. Her outfit consist of some black leggings and red shirt, to match the stores colors.

Suddenly she trips and knocks over a bunch chips"Oh shoot"The fact that she didn't curse,why was that so cute? I lean down and help her pick them up. As I grab one of the chips, I see a pack of smokes on the ground. I look up at her and she looks at me and nods down towards them. I swiftly pick them up and put them in my jean jacket pocket.

"You should be careful if today is your first day" I grab her hand and pick her up off the ground once all the chips are picked up.

"Sorry, I was just nervous. You're the first customer I've had that's my age"

"How old are you"She has to be at least 19.

"16"She must have seen how shocked I was at this because she laughed"What?"

"I thought you were 19 at least"

"Really"I nod"Most people would say that I look 13 but 19 is an upgrade"She turns to go back to counter. I turn to leave when I notice some guy placing a bottle of honey on top of a car. And considering there's only two cars in the lot and it wasn't my car, it had to be hers.

I turn back to the counter and see her organizing things."When does your shift end?"

"In like twenty minutes"

"Okay"I lean down and place my elbow on the counter and and place my chin in my hand.

"What are you doing?"

"Waiting to you get off"

"Why"So you don't get abducted

"To be a gentlemen. I'm Nick by the way"

"Mags"

"I love that name"What the fuck is happening to me. I don't complaint girls like this. My heart doesn't speed up.

-------------------------------

"You really didn't have to stay just to walk me to my car" I came out here earlier and knocked the bottle of honey off her car before she came out

"What kind of guy would I be if i let a little beautiful lady like yourself walk to her car by her self at this time of night"

"Any normal guy"Her face twist in confusion as she smiles. I don't want to sound to forward or anything considering I just met this girl but, I really want to kiss her right now

"Well, I guess I'm not any normal guy"She unlocks her car and opens her door"Be safe Mags and drive safe"

"You too Nick. And if you ever want 'chips' again, I got you"I didn't know what she meant until she points to my pocket"The smokes"she whispered out as if just talking about was illegal

"Oh, well I don't get 'chips' often but if it means I get to see and talk to you again, I will be buying 'chips' every night"Suddenly her face turns from confused to fearful"What, what's wrong" I start looking around to see if that guy form earlier was around. I felt a tug on my jacket and look down to see her still looking at me like that

"Please tell me you won't actually but that many smokes"She-she was scared..about m-me? Fuck it, I'll kiss her right here right now.

"If it makes you feel better, I'll buy water instead" I smile down at her. Within a second, she reached up and wraps her arms around my neck. She had a bit of trouble due to her size so I quickly wrapped my arms around her waist and held her against me. Smiling, I notice some guy walking down the street to some other store. Mags pulls away from me and climbs in to her car.

"I have to get home before my mom kills me"

"Okay, drive safe Mags"

"You too"she turns on her car"Good night Nick"Mags pulls away and drives off. Once she's out of sight, I head towards the direction of the guy.

I want to know what kind of honey he likes to buy

---------------------------------------------------

Buffing out a cloud of smoke, I lean against my car in the middle of corner store parking lot. Blood on my knuckles and some on my white shirt, looks like I'm going to have to buy a new one.

Not that you would need it but quick tip, if you're going to dump a body, throw it in a dumpster leave it for about 10 minutes, take it out, dump it in sewage then dump it in some kind of body of water. It will throw off the scent.

Flicking my cigarette to the ground, my phone goes off. Pulling it out, I see that it's 1 in the morning

"Why is he calling" I answer the phone"Hello fellow leader, and what do I own this early morning phone call to"

"Nick, I need you to make a promise to me"

"Sure, but it's going to cost you one date and a good night kiss sir"

"How about I blow you instead"

"Sure that will be fine too, what's up"

There's silence for a second. It's like he's trying to find his words"I'm not saying that something will happen, but if anything does, I want you to end it"

End it? What the fuck is he talking about?"Wait? What are you talking?

"If something were to happen to Diem, weather it's her being badly hurt and slowly dying or if she just dies all together, I want you to end my pain"

I have a small feeling I know what he means but I need to be sure"What do you mean by 'end my pain'"

"I want you to kill me. Shoot me, beat me till I'm down. I don't care how you do it. I just want you to do it"I didn't realize it but I had tears slowly running down my face. How can he ask me this? Why would he ask me this?"Nick, I need you too promise me"

"Why? If something were to happen to her, why would you want me to kill you"

"Because"

"Because why Willis"

"I- just do okay, now promise me"

"I'm not promising you shit until you tell me why-"

"Because I'm fucking in with love her!"

Silence. We sat in silence after he said that. Never, in the 11 years we have been friends, never once have Dalen Justin Willis, told he was in love with someone. Never, has this man even told me, his best friend that he loves me. I mean I know he does but still.

"I promise"

------------------------------------------------------

I don't know what to say about this chapter other then Nick is a sweetheart.